Unreal won't run with G-FORCE 2 Ultra, Win2K?!!

Damon0306

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Hey guys been running Unreal 226 final on my Windows 2000 machine without any problems for a long time.

First off the machine is a home built GOOD machine. I was running Unreal 226 final on a Pentium II 450Mhz with a TNT2 Ultra, latest detonator-3 reference drivers and Windows 2000.

The game was running great, I always play it in COOP mode, just to admire the graphics on my 21' monitor.

I just upgraded my machine (still same motherboard) only thing I changed was the processor and video card.

I upgraded to a Pentium III 850MHZ and a Hercules G-FORCE II ULTRA. I completly un-installed the old video card and its drivers, and I am using the latest reference drivers "detonator-3 for the G-FORCE II ULTRA.

No matter what I do Unreal will not load. If I un-install it, re-patch it to 226 final, it will load in software rendering mode, as soon as I switch to OPEN-GL mode it goes back to the desktop, if I try to load it after that point it never loads, just brings me to desktop.

The only way to get it to load again is by re-patching it.

I AM VERY UN-HAPPY I BLEW ALMOST 600 BUX ON MY MACHINE TO GET SOME GREAT UNREAL ACTION, AND NOW THE GAME WILL NOT LOAD.

All my other games, like Half-Life, Quake III Arena still work, (havent tried my Unreal Tournament yet) because when I am in the mood to DEATHMATCH, I think nothing beats HALF-LIFE, as far as FUN, not as pretty as Unreal Tournament, but more fun I think.

ANY IDEAS? I am going to try the Unreal 225f patch and see if that may work.