Question Unresponsive Mouse

startman

Reputable
Oct 26, 2019
I am running Debian 11 on a desktop PC. Recently my mouse (Logitech B100 USB wired) has started to become
'draggy' I.e. cursor is slow to respond to movement of the mouse and often repeated movements of the mouse are needed to get
the cursor to move. This 'draggy' behaviour is getting worse. The mouse is only a couple of years old. The mouse is clean, including the underside. Discarding the mouse pad does not change the behaviour.

Any suggestions please as to what might be causing the problem and how to solve it ?

eye4bear

Honorable
Jul 12, 2018
Of course it would be really nice if Logitech finally ported their mouse/keyboard software to Linux ( I have exclusively used both Logitech mice and keyboards for well over the last 10 years ). That said, are you running Solaar the 3rd party Logitech mice/keyboard, I find it helps some.

I am running Nobara Linux on using a i3-10100 on a MSI mb with 24gb of ram.

startman

Reputable
Oct 26, 2019
Due to the particular arrangement of the desktop, it is not really possible to unplug the mouse, which uses a USB port at the back of the desktop.

I am thinking of plugging a new wired USB mouse into a USB port at the front of the desktop.

My question is : Can I have two USB mice plugged in at the same time ?
I would of course only be using the new mouse, but was wondering whether there would be any conflict between the two mice.

I am also thinking of checking the log files, in particular X logs, but I am not sure what search terms to use e.g. should I search for 'mouse' ?

Also, maybe there is a power management problem.

startman

Reputable
Oct 26, 2019
I suspect the mouse has a faulty left button. How can I check that, given that I can't unplug the mouse ?