Question Unresponsive usb devices

May 15, 2019
so the issue is, at random times, my usb devices stop working. they still get power, mouse laser and internal rgb are still on, my keyboard's num lock light is open but i can't give any input. whenever i push a button on the keyboard, num lock light blinks and i hear connecting and disconnecting sound from my speaker. the problem goes away when i force restart it with restart button on the case. my speaker uses 3,5mm jack and monitor is using DVI port and they seem to work fine when this happens. i could be watching a movie and notice it when i try to pause it. my specs are:

Motherboard: ASUS H61M-PRO
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
GPU: MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr OC Gaming 2GB
8GB DDR3 ram
550W PSU
1TB HDD

Last edited:
May 15, 2019
What OS do you have? Applying all OS updates and updating USB drivers from the Asus (is it?) website might be the answer.
Sorry, I forgot to write them. I’m running Windows 10 pro with latest updates and the motherboard is asus yes. I used device manager to check the drivers for the usb ports and they were up to date. Should i check them from the asus website as well? Thanks for your help.

edit
on the asus website, there are only drivers for BIOS, LAN and Audio. and they're all up to date

Last edited: