Unstable system after upgrading from 8gb to 16gb RAM

stenterstal

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
Hello everyone,

So I recently bought 8gb(2x4) ram modules from corsair (CMY8GX3M2A2400C11R) to upgrade my ram from 8gb to 16gb. I already had the same 2x4 modules so I now have 4x4gb of the same ram in my pc.

After playing around with it for a while I noticed that my system had become very unstable, got some crashes to desktop in a few games (Pubg & Civilization 6) that didn't occur with only 8gb in my system.

My timings are as they should be (11-13-13-31) but when viewing the memory tab in CPU-Z the command rate says 2T and when viewing the ram individually in the SPD tab it says 1T (Not sure if this causes a problem or not).

So is there any way to let the ram work together or is it just a hardware problem and I need to refund it?
My motherboard is the Asrock Z97x Fatal1ty Killer and as far as I know all my drivers are up-to-date.

stenterstal

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
So I don't know if this was just a coincidence or luck but I shifted the sticks around and it seems more stable now?
Is this even technically possible or will it become unstable in the future and crash on me again?