Unsure if computer is dying or not

JordanC171

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014
Hello everyone. A Computer newbie here hoping to find some advice or insight as to whats going on with my pc.

The current problems that are plaguing my system is two things.

The first problem being that I cannot shutdown my pc without doing a hard shutdown. Meaning hen I normally shutdown the computer with the shutdown option from the menu, the pc with turn off normally, then all of a sudden a few seconds later start back up for no reason. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it is doing this. It never did this before and I havent changed any settings so im stuck.

As for the other problem my computer will randomly freeze up, I cant pull up task manager move mouse or anything. Have to hard reset to get things back to normal. I have heard that it can be because of a dying hard drive? But am unsure.

Now if these problems are spelling death for my pc I will make another thread for that as thats a whole other can of worms to talk about.

SO bottom line is is my pc dying? if not how can i resolve the issues I stated above? Any help would greatly be appreciated.