Question Unsure if it's Gpu not working

HennieP

Honorable
Oct 13, 2015
Good day

Lately ive been having problems with my desktop computer.
Each time after traveling with everything and setting up again and turning on the pc my monitor fails to show anything until i restart my computer multiple times unplugging everything again and only like after 10 minutes of struggling it works again..

Now lately every day i start my computer it does this. My screen just stays blank.
At first i would think my computer is picking up too much static, because sometimes when i try remove the static it actually works again.. But that doesn't work everytime either..

I sometimes have to remove my gpu and put it back for it to work again..

So i want to know would it be my gpu that is busy failing? Because my monitor is quite new, samsung 27 144 hz curved.
And my gpu is about 3 years old, i mined with it 2 years back, gtx 1060 6gb

I dont know if its my gpu, my screen, static inside my computer or if its my nvm ssd that boots up too fast for my gpu to recognise a display connection on the displayport..

What would you guys think could be the problem?

Thank you
Have a great day!!!

Lutfij

Titan
Mining does deteriorate the GPU and eventually leaves it with less performance on the table. It's for this reason that GPU's that were mined had to be sold off for cheap.

For the sake of relevance, mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which version of the OS are you on and how old is the PSU?

HennieP

Honorable
Oct 13, 2015
Mining does deteriorate the GPU and eventually leaves it with less performance on the table. It's for this reason that GPU's that were mined had to be sold off for cheap.

For the sake of relevance, mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which version of the OS are you on and how old is the PSU?
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard: MSI x370 krait gaming
Ram: corsair 2400mHz, bought the cheapest id find 3 years ago
SSD/HDD: 250 gb nvme Samsung evo pro, 250 gb samsung evo ssd, 500 gb hdd and 1tb hdd
PSU: raidmax 730W
Chassis: Inwin white 303