[SOLVED] Unsure of the cause of power off.

Aug 7, 2019
I'm having issues with my system. Once I begin to stress the GPU the system shuts down but the power light stays on. I can recreate this event 100% of the time by stressing the GPU. To get the system to turn back on I have to flip the power switch on the PSU off, or unplug it, then wait a few seconds for the power light to turn off then flip it back on. I originally thought the GPU had issues, it was an Nvidia card, but I just replaced the GPU with a Radeon 580 8gb today and the problem persists.

Even stranger is when the system reboots sometimes the USB doesn't recognize my mouse and keyboard. The mouse has power because the LEDs light up but nothing works on it, the dpi button doesn't even work.

I had a similar issue with my father's system shutting down with the power light staying on but we resolved that. Now one of my systems is doing it and it's really bugging me to no end.

Since I can put the GPU in another system and it works just fine, and it's brand new, the behavior is making me think the problem is either the PSU or the Motherboard. So I was wondering if there was a way to stress the PSU without stressing the GPU and without putting it into a system that it could potentially damage? I can run a stress test on the CPU and everything runs fine but the moment I stress the GPU the system shuts down with the power light staying on until I flip the PSU off completely or unplug it.

Again I really don't want to have to put the PSU into my other system and it potentially damage that mother board in that system. So any ideas on how to stress a PSU without stressing the GPU? Could the PSU be causing the USB problems as well? If not then the problem is definitely the board and I'm really hoping it is because replacing it would be cheaper then replacing the PSU.

The system specs are:
Biostar TA970 rev 5.3
AMD FX 8300
12 gb of Corsair vengeance DDR3
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8gb.
PSU: Corsair RMX 650
No manual over clocking everything is stock.