Question Unsure on ram RGB pro vs lpx. Which version is best

maraxion

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2013
So iv got 2 sets of Corsair ddr4 memory, both 2x8:
1. Corsair vengeance lpx 2666 cl16. V 3.21
2. Corsair vengeance RGB pro 2666 cl16. V4.32

I am only keeping one set. As of far iv found the lpx might be micron b die, 4gbit. And the RGB pro Samsung c die.

I don't quite understand much more then the above, but it seems to me the lpx micron is preferable for oc etc?
If someone has updated lists on the ram versions and can double check my findings that would be great since my sources was random sites.

If anyone had tips of good settings for 3200 and above that would be fantastic baseline to start with

Last edited:

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Why not buy RAM already able to do 3200 on XMP?
I am far from an overclocking expert but running 2666 up to 3200 is asking a bit.

By and large you want the recommended speed by the CPU or better as may be supported by the motherboard alongside low latency/timings. Typically speaking the speed of RAM increases as the DDR type mature (process) and the latency being low tends to drive higher pricing.

If you are working with Intel I probably wouldn't bother going too far up that ladder since it doesn't scale the way it does with Ryzen, who actually do take a significant performance hit with slower RAM.

maraxion

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2013
Why not buy RAM already able to do 3200 on XMP?
I am far from an overclocking expert but running 2666 up to 3200 is asking a bit.

By and large you want the recommended speed by the CPU or better as may be supported by the motherboard alongside low latency/timings. Typically speaking the speed of RAM increases as the DDR type mature (process) and the latency being low tends to drive higher pricing.

If you are working with Intel I probably wouldn't bother going too far up that ladder since it doesn't scale the way it does with Ryzen, who actually do take a significant performance hit with slower RAM.

I would but I already own these kits. I know it should be quite possible to oc to around 3200 so hoped for tips from those with more knowledge 😃

So iv got 2 sets of Corsair ddr4 memory, both 2x8:
1. Corsair vengeance lpx 2666 cl16. V 3.21
2. Corsair vengeance RGB pro 2666 cl16. V4.32

I am only keeping one set. As of far iv found the lpx might be micron b die, 4gbit. And the RGB pro Samsung c die.

I don't quite understand much more then the above, but it seems to me the lpx micron is preferable for oc etc?
If someone has updated lists on the ram versions and can double check my findings that would be great since my sources was random sites.

If anyone had tips of good settings for 3200 and above that would be fantastic baseline to start with
Since you have the ram test each set see how high up you can go.

TRENDING THREADS