[SOLVED] Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\normaliz.dll) Please help!

Nov 5, 2020
I am posting this in Windows 10 because it has become a windows issue. I've been trying to play Dead By Daylight with a friend, but when I start the game, I get the message "untrusted system file (c /windows/system32/normaliz.dll)". Doing "sfc /scannow" in command prompt gives me the error that it can't fix the files and doing any dism commands comes back that it has fixed the issues (which it hasn't). After I realized these weren't working and the issue was more internal than I realized, I went to the windows download site and downloaded the May 2020 Update. This still hadn't fixed the issue so I did an in-place upgrade with the Windows 10 installation media. This still hasn't fixed the issue. I've been trying to fix this for probably 6 hours total and nothing is working. That is why I am asking here. Does anybody know how I can fix this issue?

While creating this post, I found the above with no helpful information nor a solution. I'm experiencing the EXACT same problem but with a different game, Bless Unleashed, which is being launched from Steam. I, however, have not downloaded any updates or anything of that nature and from judging from the above post, it looked like it was of no help.

I have ran sfc scannow - it came back that some files were corrupted and were unable to fix some of them. Did a DSIM scan and it came back what appeared to be clean as well as a CHKDSK scan. Also did the Sfcdetails.txt which appeared to be clean with no information as to what or where the corruption was.

Below are the One Drive logs/pictures:
Error from Easy Anti Cheat

SFC scannow Error

sfcdetails.txt

CBS.log

DSIM.log

Running Microsoft Windows Version 1903 ( OS Build 18362.959)
Using Kaspersky antivirus ( Have tried to disable it before starting and also add exclusions)

Not the best when it comes to computer tech but I tried to get as much info to help solve this. Any help will be much appreciated!

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you run sfc after the dism scan, as dism cleans the files SFC uses to fix files with, and since it didn't fix them the first time, it should be able to if DISM worked.

I assume you have tried reinstalling the game?
tried updating GPU drivers?
did you run an AV scan with kapersky instead of trying to stop it scanning? its possible its malware.

got those ideas from https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-normaliz-dll-not-found-or-missing-errors-2623845

Solution