Question Unturned server not opening port

Nov 17, 2020
So I made an unturned server and everything seems to work, I can join with local host just fine but for some reason the port it's on registers as closed despite being forwarded.
I saw something mentioning unturned servers have a 4 port range so for 27015 I'd forward 27015-27018 and I did that and tested all those ports while the server was up but they still registered as closed. And yes I originally did it without the 4 port range so that's not the issue
I did the same thing with a minecraft(not the 4 port range part as minecraft doesn't need that) server and I tested the port and it worked just fine! But the unturned server just doesn't open the port meaning nobody can join!
Yes it's allowed through the firewall so please don't ask.
It shows as a listening port in resource monitor.
Yes I'm using my public IP address that's the default for the port checkers anyways.
The ports are forwarded with TCP/UDP

You have to be very careful when you assume the public address in the port checker is actually "your" public address. In this case since minecraft works you actually do have a public address. Many people though do not have a public address assigned to the wan port of their router and are actually sharing the public address the scanner shows.

You can try the DMZ option on your router but I suspect your port forward rules are fine since you got a minecraft server to work.

It almost has to be something strange with the machine. You can be pretty sure that the router and the actual network is not the cause because you can get a minecraft server to work. You have already checked the firewall which is the next common issue.

I would load wireshark on the server. You should then be able to actually see the scan packet come in and see if the machine responds on how. You could also capture traffic from actual session to see if there is anything obvious between accessing it local and accessing it via the internet.

Wireshark can create massive amounts of data so try to run as little as possible while you are testing. This will let you use the brute force look through the capture method rather than learning about data filters.

Nov 17, 2020
You have to be very careful when you assume the public address in the port checker is actually "your" public address. In this case since minecraft works you actually do have a public address. Many people though do not have a public address assigned to the wan port of their router and are actually sharing the public address the scanner shows.

You can try the DMZ option on your router but I suspect your port forward rules are fine since you got a minecraft server to work.

It almost has to be something strange with the machine. You can be pretty sure that the router and the actual network is not the cause because you can get a minecraft server to work. You have already checked the firewall which is the next common issue.

I would load wireshark on the server. You should then be able to actually see the scan packet come in and see if the machine responds on how. You could also capture traffic from actual session to see if there is anything obvious between accessing it local and accessing it via the internet.

Wireshark can create massive amounts of data so try to run as little as possible while you are testing. This will let you use the brute force look through the capture method rather than learning about data filters.
I'm wondering if maybe the tutorial to create the server was inaccurate and it creates a server that's actually lan and doesn't connect to the internet.
I used this tutorial https://github.com/SmartlyDressedGames/U3-Docs/blob/master/ServerHosting.md and I used the start command
start "" "%~dp0ServerHelper.bat" +InternetServer/MyServer
I've always had this problem with unturned servers for some reason even back with the old server system where you used client files it'd just not allow connecting with anything other than localhost, there must be something I messed up in the process of making the server but I'm not sure what.