Unused Fan molex header could kill GPU?

Jun 8, 2018
I have just finished my computer build, however, one of my case fans came with both a 3 pin connector and a molex connector. I used the 3 pin instead of the molex and now it is hanging above my GPU.

yzLslSH-St6S_CqFnZBCow.png

I have used zip ties to constrain the molex head as much as possible so it doesn't interfere with anything. But I am worried about the metal of the molex connector touching the PCB of my GPU, I am worried if they do touch that it will kill my GPU when my computer is running. Should this be something I should be worried about? If so what should I do?

Solution
the molex has no power going through it as it is not plugged into anything. throw in that the metal is up inside the plastic connector and it is not going to happen.

only real concern is it hanging down and getting caught up into the fans blades and breaking one. you've tied it up nice and tight which is the best you can do. you're over thinking this one really.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the molex has no power going through it as it is not plugged into anything. throw in that the metal is up inside the plastic connector and it is not going to happen.

only real concern is it hanging down and getting caught up into the fans blades and breaking one. you've tied it up nice and tight which is the best you can do. you're over thinking this one really.

Solution
Jun 8, 2018

Thanks for the reply, this is my first build and I'm still a bit paranoid about killing my parts.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no problem i understand. i remember my first few builds. i took sssssssssssooooooooooo long checking and rechecking everything over and over i was so worried about messing something up.

best to ask first than to have to ask later how to fix something :)

enjoy the new build.