[SOLVED] unusual high CPU temps with M22

Oct 10, 2022
Hi! I've been using a kraken M22 AIO as my cooler for my ryzen 5 3600 for about a year. I've noticed recently that my cpu temps were reaching 80-90 degrees celcius even from cold start sometimes turning off the pc automatically. Ive tried moving the radiator around to fix any air bubbkle but doesnt seem to be the problem. The pump works fine with no noise and can feel the how and cold tubes. Would that be an issue with the temps sensors? I was about to return the M22 since it is still under warranty but it doesn't look broken

Solution
Hi! I've been using a kraken M22 AIO as my cooler for my ryzen 5 3600 for about a year. I've noticed recently that my cpu temps were reaching 80-90 degrees celcius even from cold start sometimes turning off the pc automatically. Ive tried moving the radiator around to fix any air bubbkle but doesnt seem to be the problem. The pump works fine with no noise and can feel the how and cold tubes. Would that be an issue with the temps sensors? I was about to return the M22 since it is still under warranty but it doesn't look broken

Sounds like a pump problem. An AIO shouldn't have hot and cold tubes. The temperature delta between hose going to the radiator and the hose coming from the radiator should only be a few degrees...

DSzymborski

Titan

Sounds like a pump problem. An AIO shouldn't have hot and cold tubes. The temperature delta between hose going to the radiator and the hose coming from the radiator should only be a few degrees. Radiators don't cool liquid that fast just running it through the radiator; try to cool off your hot coffee by blowing on it once. AIOs require a significant flow to cool. If the difference is so large the hoses feel different to you, then there's something wrong with the flow.

Reactions: Nemrazz
Solution
Oct 10, 2022
Sounds like a pump problem. An AIO shouldn't have hot and cold tubes. The temperature delta between hose going to the radiator and the hose coming from the radiator should only be a few degrees. Radiators don't cool liquid that fast just running it through the radiator; try to cool off your hot coffee by blowing on it once. AIOs require a significant flow to cool. If the difference is so large the hoses feel different to you, then there's something wrong with the flow.
Yeah i tried installing the stock cooler that came with the cpu and the temps went down to 50 degrees so it looks like my pump is having a problem. My warranty is still valid with the aio so ill just replace it. Thanks

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The M22 had the same issues(early clogging) that Msi's MAG and MPG Coreliquid Version 1 have - they're even made by the same company(Apaltek).
It didn't get nearly as much attention as the Coreliquids did though.
You can use the warranty, but the replacement may clog in about a year too.