Question Unwanted cursor shadow

May 27, 2021
The problem is happening since iv got my new pc, when i move with my mouse on main screen, internet page, fastly but smoothly behind cursor appears a weird white shadow that follow the normal cursor, i disabled shadows behind cursor in settings but still doesnt work,

Another weird problem is happening while playing games like counter strike series, probably in other games too, the closer i move to edge of a straight ramp, or corner the bigger shadow on the edge seems to appear

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model mouse?

Does the shadow appear if you try another known working mouse on your computer?

Does the shadow appear if your try your mouse on another known working computer?

Determine if the shadow follows the mouse or stays with your computer.

Have you tried reinstalling the mouse drivers? Download directly from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. Do not use any third party tools or utilities.

Try:

"WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access > Mouse pointer

Check the available options and configuration settings. It appears that you may have already done that but double check to ensure that your change(s) were saved.

The other place to look is in any mouse related apps or utilities. There could be a similar setting there or in some other related third party app or utility.

The problem is happening since iv got my new pc, when i move with my mouse on main screen, internet page, fastly but smoothly behind cursor appears a weird white shadow that follow the normal cursor, i disabled shadows behind cursor in settings but still doesnt work,

Another weird problem is happening while playing games like counter strike series, probably in other games too, the closer i move to edge of a straight ramp, or corner the bigger shadow on the edge seems to appear
It might also be pointer trail, not a shadow. There's setting for that too.