Question Unwanted Keyboard HID Device Driver - Spamming 4's

Sep 23, 2019
Hi there,

Nothing I can directly point to but one day I turned on my computer and it wouldn't stop spamming "4"

I have a logitech k840 keyboard (corded) and thought the mechanical key had broken. I unplugged the keyboard, still spamming. Reset the system, still spamming. It seems to specifically be the "4" on the numpad because if I hit numlock it starts scrolling instead of spamming 4s.

I looked at my device drivers under the keyboard in device manager. I had 4 HID Keyboard drivers. Call them 1, 2, 3, 4 in descending order. Through trial and error I found that uninstalling "1" stops the spamming. Installing 2 stops the keyboard from functioning. Installing 1, 3, and 4 stops spamming and the keyboard continues to function normally.

However every time I restart the computer all 4 drivers show up again and the spamming of 4 starts. Anyone have any ideas what might have caused this? I don't do much with my computer, I only download games on Steam. I don't really surf the web. It's the weirdest thing.

Let me know if anyone has ideas. Avira anti virus found nothing unusual.

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more info. List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then mention the BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard. Also include the version of your OS. Since you're on Logitech's devices, which version of LGS are you on?

Sep 23, 2019
CPU: i7-5820k 3.30GHz
Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe
Ram: 16GB
SSD/HDD: 223 SSD with 52GB free
GPU: nvidia gtx 970
PSU: Corsair HX850
Chassis: Antec 1200

BIOS version: American Megatrends 3802 9/5/2017

Since you're on Logitech's devices, which version of LGS are you on? None