UO Subscription Falles below the 150k Mark

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 19:09:42 GMT, "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:

>UO is on it's last legs.

Troll, you are way out of your gourd. UO is busier now that I have ever
seen it. When I'm hunting on the surface (not in even counting in the
dungeons) I have to search for places that are not camped.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

archeon

"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote in message

> UO is on it's last legs.

"it's" ? It is what?

> For those that have not gone to the Sunswords sight, here it is....

What's his sight got to do with a web address?

Cretin.

Archeon

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 19:09:42 GMT, "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:

>UO is on it's last legs.
>
>For those that have not gone to the Sunswords sight, here it is....
>

>http://www.sunsword.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=4113d62e6ac0ffff;act=ST;f=1;t=976
>

>http://www.sunsword.com/

Lets see,,,,,,,,,,,, I think I heard this same story in 1998, again in 1999,
again in 2000, well, you get where this is going.

Someone has been predicting the doom of UO since the day it came out.
Its still here, and will be as long as its making money for EA.
EA has never given out subscription numbers, so anyone saying its under
150 subscribers is just guessing.

Show me the EA release on that number and I will believe it.

Ice

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 19:36:41 -0400, Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:

>Troll on my friend and go ponder how gulliable you are or what a jerk
>you are.... which ever fits!

Troll logic: I'm quitting ('cause <UO hack of the minute> makes it so
easy to cheat and I'm bored now), therefore UO must be dying!

--

Polychromic wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 19:09:42 GMT, "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:
>

>>UO is on it's last legs.
>

> Troll, you are way out of your gourd. UO is busier now that I have ever
> seen it. When I'm hunting on the surface (not in even counting in the
> dungeons) I have to search for places that are not camped.

Actually I've seen the way they guessimate it from the stockholders
report and something around 150k-163k sounds about right. EA admits
revenues are down.

The other thing is busy is shard dependent. You can't swing a dead cat
on Europa or Atlantic w/o hitting some bank sitter. On Baja or Napa you
can literally run for screens w/o seeing a PC.

The topic should be "why" but it has been beaten to death so many times
I doubt if there is anything new to add. PKs say it is because of
Trammel, Trammelites say it is because of the power scrolls being in
Felucca, ...

BTW: I was a member of the ELF guild on Pacific where you are pointed by
this post. I resigned from it not because of the quality of RP but
because as a group they were among the worst PvP players I ever had the
misfortune to band with. Not a friggin one of them would watch your back
or understood even a simple concept like cross healing. It wasn't there
wasn't enough good, it was there was overpowering negatives associated
with it. War with everybody that wants too. It's the same guild that my
son and another guild mate let me die outside a guild tower to a 2:1,
TWICE! w/o so much as throwing a heal my way.

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 04:08:30 GMT, Rick Cortese
<ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 19:09:42 GMT, "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:
>>

>>>UO is on it's last legs.
>>

>> Troll, you are way out of your gourd. UO is busier now that I have ever
>> seen it. When I'm hunting on the surface (not in even counting in the
>> dungeons) I have to search for places that are not camped.
>>

>Actually I've seen the way they guessimate it from the stockholders
>report and something around 150k-163k sounds about right. EA admits
>revenues are down.

Yeah. There was a thread over on Stratics that tallied up the total
subscription numbers based on EA's last report and 150k or so does
sound about right.

It kind of makes sense. I thought something fishy must be going on
when I saw the big loot improvements happening in publish 26.

Idiot boy may actually have got something right for once. I suppose it
was bound to happen eventually just out of pure dumb luck.

Even if it is down to 150k I'd say it's definitely too early to start
predicting disaster and imminent shutdowns.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 00:29:19 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 19:36:41 -0400, Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>Troll on my friend and go ponder how gulliable you are or what a jerk
>>you are.... which ever fits!
>
>Troll logic: I'm quitting ('cause <UO hack of the minute> makes it so
>easy to cheat and I'm bored now), therefore UO must be dying!

Oh God... Now Trolls got Logic!

What next.... Orcs with Intelligence???

archeon

<Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Oh God... Now Trolls got Logic!
>
> What next.... Orcs with Intelligence???

Ug!!! Me more cleverer than thick troll anyday...

A.N. Orc

Well as europe and drach is concerned the change to sprintlink is a defacto
closing of this shards.

archeon

"Eula Wood" <magisch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well as europe and drach is concerned the change to sprintlink is a
defacto
> closing of this shards.

Makes no difference as far as I can see...where are you from and what conn
type are you using?

Archeon

Archeon wrote:

> "Eula Wood" <magisch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Well as europe and drach is concerned the change to sprintlink is a
>
> defacto
>
>>closing of this shards.
>>

> Makes no difference as far as I can see...where are you from and what conn
> type are you using?
>
> Archeon

Hell, DickLink.