Up the creek with my Socket 939...

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
OCing your graphics card is pretty safe as long as you keep an eye on your temps. If you set a graphics card too high it will start artifacting. I don't know how well your card will OC, but it's worth a try. My old 6800's were awesome OCers.

Processor OCing depends on the motherboard/bios and most prebuilt systems don't allow OCing.

Wait, so it is an HP with an Asus motherboard? I don't know, maybe.

Well, the easy way to find out is to go into the BIOS during startup. If you can find OC options, you can OC. If it isn't a very good board the options may be severely limited or nonexistent. If you can check and tell us what settings you find we can help you from there,

Well, you may be able to use clockgen. I was always kind of scared of that, though. I tried it on my old P4 that had a limited BIOS with no luck. All of my current systems have full BIOSes so I haven't tried it since.

Shecky

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
Well, that pretty much tells me that I'm better off leaving OCing alone on this rig; the concept of OCing makes me nervous, anyway, the more I think about it.