[SOLVED] Update Error

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
I keep getting a error for update 2019-12. The error is 0x80070002. I have tried virtually everything I can think of, including various MS repair tools.

It's an Alien i7 gaming computer. Don't see any malware or bad anti-virus on it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
What I would do is get someone to make a copy of the 1909 installer on USB (on another PC). When its made, put the USB in your PC and go to file explorer. GO to USB in file explorer And run setup.exe. This will ask you if you want to update current PC, say Yes and it will install the update off the USB and hopefully fix that update problem by replacing windows.

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
Hey Colif. What you suggested worked. I ran the media creation tool via the internet and it did an install 1909 and kept all the files. All went well. I am becoming more impressed with MS online tech support. Thank you so much.

Grace and peace.

NaufalR9708

Prominent
Mar 29, 2020
What I would do is get someone to make a copy of the 1909 installer on USB (on another PC). When its made, put the USB in your PC and go to file explorer. GO to USB in file explorer And run setup.exe. This will ask you if you want to update current PC, say Yes and it will install the update off the USB and hopefully fix that update problem by replacing windows.
I'm sorry, I have a same problem too. Will install the update off the usb erase my files/data?