Update Intel HD 4600

Dgrayman00

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
Hi, I just updated my Intel HD 4600 graphics to the one from 1/25/17. Now theres 2 options. the one I downloaded and an update that came out a couple days ago. For some reason the one from a couple days ago does not work on my system even though it says its supported on the intel page. Im using a 64 bit OS windows 8.1, Intel 17-4710hq, intel hd 4600
Here is the link
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600

Solution
I had issues with a client whos MS Update on Windows 10 updated to a new drivers for their Intel 530 GPU (7th gen i5) and honestly it made the GPU run like crap. I had to go to a drive from a year ago for it to work properly again. I wouldn't worry about updating onboard GPU' drivers as much. You aren't going to be doing gaming on them like you do on Nvidia/AMD so i would just leave it honestly.
I had issues with a client whos MS Update on Windows 10 updated to a new drivers for their Intel 530 GPU (7th gen i5) and honestly it made the GPU run like crap. I had to go to a drive from a year ago for it to work properly again. I wouldn't worry about updating onboard GPU' drivers as much. You aren't going to be doing gaming on them like you do on Nvidia/AMD so i would just leave it honestly.

Solution