Question Update Quick Question About 1080TI And 2080ti?

I have the 1080ti really good at playing games and such but just wondering if it worth upgrading to 2080ti because when looked on website it dose 30% better then the 1080ti gives out more fps in games and such but my question is it worth upgrading>

CPU- intel Core i7 7700K
RAM -16.0GB
Motherbord- Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z270X-DESIGNARE-CF
GPU-3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (EVGA)
PSU-1000W EVGA GQ Gold Hybrid PSU
Play on 2k monitor 2560-1400p with 144hz refresh rate and 165 refresh rate and monitor is ROG PG278QR

Last edited:

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
To get an answer to that, You should state:
  • system specs
  • Your needs (personal demands / monitor max frequency and resolution / max resolution You want to play on)
1080ti is a great card, so in 95% cases the answer will be "NO, it's not worth it"

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Play on 2k monitor 2560-1400p with 144hz refresh rate and 165 refresh rate and monitor is ROG PG278QR
I'm not sure if it gives You ANYTHING. Haven't tested such config, but it seems like 1080ti will do the job and You gonna hit CPU bottleneck first, before You can utilize GPU potential. (hard to say without checking, so maybe ask someone else)

If You want to make sure, You can download MSI afterburner and check the usage of CPU and GPU in Your games. Probably the GPU isn't even running at 100% now....

For sure, it's not worth the price difference between 1080ti and 2080ti, unless You are a geek-freak gamer. (You would have to pay about 500+$ for a switch?)

I'm not sure if it gives You ANYTHING. Haven't tested such config, but it seems like 1080ti will do the job and You gonna hit CPU bottleneck first, before You can utilize GPU potential. (hard to say without checking, so maybe ask someone else)

If You want to make sure, You can download MSI afterburner and check the usage of CPU and GPU in Your games. Probably the GPU isn't even running at 100% now....

For sure, it's not worth the price difference between 1080ti and 2080ti, unless You are a geek-freak gamer. (You would have to pay about 500+$ for a switch?)

Thank you just that when something new comes out i want it but my gpu is still running fast in games and such and the frame rates are still good even if my computer dose not use 100% of the gpu.

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Yep, sorry Bro, i just looked at some test, and it seems You would be able to use all the potential of 2080ti with this CPU.
So the fps on 2080ti will be like 25-35% more.

Still not worth it.

Yep, sorry Bro, i just looked at some test, and it seems You would be able to use all the potential of 2080ti with this CPU.
So the fps on 2080ti will be like 25-35% more.

Still not worth it.

Yeah that what i was thinking this is why made thread for people to change my mind and say do not buy it because my frames rates are good on my games not seeing any lag and such runs smoothly apart from my gpu likes to become hot.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
The simplest thing is to run a tool like HWInfo and graph CPU and GPU utilization over time. The results will be different with different games.
If your GPU is never hitting 100% utilization, then and upgrade of the GPU will give you ZERO benefit.