Update Will Unlock All Eight Cores in Exynos 5 Octa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
ARM chips feel a bit like Intel in the early days. When you couldn't really tinker with them much, and the architecture just wasn't mature enough to overclock the hell out of.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
My current Note 2 will be my last exynos device as long as they keep not releasing sources and documentation.
For once, I'd like to flash stable full-speed cyanogen mod and AOKP roms.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

You have to remember that Samsung doesnt really design the architecture of the chips ARM does that, it wasnt designed for all 8 cores to work at the same time. Samsung have probably been working on a way to use all 8 cores since the beginning but have only now managed to release it to the public. At the end of the day its a bonus to those with the chip in their phones

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Once again an "APPLE" announcement pays dividends to some "Android" folks. I suspect SAMSUNG had the ability to do this all along; they just didn't need to until the fruit company announced a 64bit phone!

If this update does the trick for the ODROID XU too , it will be the game changer for the competition to the Parallela. Just wondering how this update works on and which one of this beauties will be on my desk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.