Updated Specs, Features Revealed For 'Call Of Duty: WWII' On PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Not sure, it varies from game to game. But yeah, the download size is always smaller than the install size because of compression. Download size could be half the install size easy. I've seen games that download 1GB and decompress to 9GB.

artk2219

Distinguished

I wonder if it will play with any of AMD's FX chips or not, an FX 9590 is roughly like an r5 1400. Actually, those specs are kind of weird, a Ryzen 1600x would ROFL stomp an i5 2400, heck even the r5 1400 would do that, yet that's the minimum spec? An FX 8350 should do the same to an I3 3225 in anything even semi decently threaded, or even an FX 6300 or 6350. Maybe the game is completely unoptimized for AMD hardware?

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1281?vs=1267

This will be Activision's 5th Call of Duty's rehashing World War 2 released for Windows (10th WW2 shooter total if you include other systems)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:World_War_II_first-person_shooters

The first Call of Duty was in 2003 and with 5 Call of Duty's released since then it breaks down to a WW2 game every 3.4 years, not including either of the Modern Warfare's.

Do we really need a new World War 2 game every 3.4 years (1.7 years)?

Call of Duty:WW2 is almost a pun on how repetitive Call of Duty is seeing how the vast majority of the other titles were also based during World War 2.

On a different note, wasn't the point of gaming on an ultra-wide monitor to get an unfair advantage?

derekullo : dont like WWII games, dont buy it.. :) personally I prefer WWII or WWI game over those walk on walls and such unrealistic bling that should always remain on a Xbox.

the point of this game is that the promise that groups and clans can again have private servers with their own preferred gaming rules; Crouch and ADS for example over the commonly Xbox generation run and gun bunny hopping player.

pre-orders months ago, and just can wait to get the clan server running.

humorific

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014

A "realistic" Korean contemporary or 1950s style game would be more appealing right now. And what's with the DX11 only renderer? That's like retro on the tech too.

Th3pwn3r

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Yeah, the first two COD games were fun. After that they all felt like the same garbage mixed into a pile in slightly different ways. I don't think they'll ever stop making them though.

papality

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012

World at War came out in 2008...?

Prob take me no time at all on my google gig connection haha but wont be getting this game

Status
Not open for further replies.