Updated: Tom's Hardware's Workstation Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
One boot and one shut down in a crappily written OS for every cpu... plus the usual benchmarks and swapping of hardware...

Imagine all the thermal paste... I could take a bath in it :)

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Sweet, but more pressing is the issue with the old cpu charts. For anyone who wants to build a new custom rig, those and the now thankfully updated gpu charts are the most important on the whole of Tom's. I know it must be extremely exhausting to update a whole chart with current info, but its a feature that made Tom's so good.

Anyway I recently checked the GPU charts, and its true that there are a lot more cards to compare so I congratulate you guys,

...but if its possible, could we see some SLI results in there too?? Maybe you guys could even copy your results from other reviews in there...Even if they aren't the most most current results, they're better than nothing and it saves many readers from having to tediously browse through the search function..

Anyway keep up the great reviews, and we can't w8 for the extended cpu + SLI charts to apear :D

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
The only reason there is to SLI imho is if you can afford 2 or more of the best cards out there, or if you have an sli mobo already and can afford a 295 so you want to get 2x275's.

jeep11

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2008
[citation][nom]computabug[/nom]The only reason there is to SLI imho is if you can afford 2 or more of the best cards out there, or if you have an sli mobo already and can afford a 295 so you want to get 2x275's.[/citation]
If I really wanted too I could SLI two 9500GTs

neapolis

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
The tests leave me wondering - a lot. How is it possible, that there is so little gain (often one would not be able to tell the difference!) from the high-high-end pro cards as compared to the entry level ones - although - if compared - they are technologically in the stone age.

Example: SPECapc Solidworks 2007 Graphics, graphics intensive, (1600 x 1200 @ 75 Hz), Score in Score: Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 $1449.99 Score 5.65 AND Nvidia Quadro FX 570 $234.20 Score 5.40 ...

That's a difference of a few percent which is almost impossible to "feel" in human perception. Still you can get about 6 (six!!!) FX570 for the price of one FX4800.

As I own a FX570 and I feel it could be a bit faster by now, the score of the FX4800 is no argument for me to upgrade anytime soon. It would be great for TH to investigate a bit deeper in those problems. Maybe a dedicated article, maybe comments from the makers of those cards? Would be a great help.

G

Thanks for your efforts - I'd like to see Autodesk Inventor included in the graphic card comparisson chart.
Rgds
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.