[SOLVED] Updating a batch file without changing its desktop location

I work at a library in IT with over 400 computers and I've been tasked with fixing a minor problem that threatens to take up hours of my time.

On the desktop in our image and therefore all 400 currently deployed computers I put a shortcut, Restart.lnk, to a restart computer batch file in a folder called Kace Install, C:\Kace Install\Restart.bat for when patrons are finished with their session.

"GPO has the actual logoff button ... now called Sign off ... disabled, but that fix is for another time"

One of our programs apparently needs the computer to log/sign off instead of just doing a restart in order to sync with the server that does patron logons.

Hitting sign off or log off also restarts the computer as it should normally do for us.

Anyways changing the script and renaming the shortcut was simple enough, I even managed to get it into a working PSEXEC format for easy pushing to all 400 computers.

Here is the script that does the dirty work;
Copy wouldn't work without a net use, but no big deal.

rename C:\Users\Public\Desktop\restart.lnk Logoff.lnk
net use z: "\\Redacted01\Downloads"
copy /Y "z:\Restart.bat" "C:\Kace Install\restart.bat"

The problem I am having is after the rename script happens the script moves to the first open spot in the top left of the screen.

We like having this Logoff.lnk in the bottom left of the screen.

I really don't want to have to run the script on 400 computers and then log in manually to 400 computers to drag the shortcut to the bottom left.

I noticed that if the computer is already logged on the the script runs against it that icon doesn't move, but if the computer is waiting to be logged on to and the script is ran the icon moves once you log into the computer.

Help lol.

Solution
I sort of found a solution.

Boss said renaming the shortcut wasn't necessary and so the shortcut doesn't move.

I am unsure how to close this ticket