[SOLVED] Updating BIOS on asrock AB350 pro4

Tiang_kla10

Commendable
May 2, 2017
I just notice that I havent update my BIOS for like 1 year (last update was Dec 2017), then I start the asrock auto update bios app, but it just wont update my BIOS with the notes (you have to update to P3.40 version).

I checked my UEFI BIOS version and its already P3.40 version, then I retry to update BIOS via asrock app store then its gone all the pending updates, it says I have no update to install IDK why it happened. so I checked at asrock mobo support page and I have like 6-7 BIOS update above the P3.40 version (mostly for ryzen 2nd gen CPU & APU).

Question is should I update my BIOS manually via instant flash/windows? and if I have to update my BIOS manually, should I update it one by one (1 at a time across those 7 updates) or just update using the latest one? cuz I once ruined my mobo when I try to flash it manually and now I'm kinda scared to do that lol.

Thank you for reading my long rant & I hope someone will give me an advice..thanks

Solution
My question is still the same..do I have to update through all the 7 updates or just update the BIOS using the latest one? Thx before

Just the latest one since yours is already at version 3.40.

ADDED: And to say one other thing: normally I'd agree with Phillip: the old saying 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' is very wise when it comes to BIOS updates. Except when it's come to Ryzen architecture, there is so much evolving as AMD is releasing updates to AGESA code that facilitates both CPU and memory performance and compatibility. And, as well, new processors coming.

In my case, I didn't know I needed an update to my B450m Mortar until I did it. It improved memory stability a lot, allowing additional memory OC, and allows...

Tiang_kla10

Commendable
May 2, 2017
While my PC is actually doing fine as it is right now, I'm planning to upgrade my processor when ryzen 3rd gen came out. So I'm feeling the need to update my BIOS tho not in urgent tbh. But if you could give advice on how should I update it id be very nice..cheers

My question is still the same..do I have to update through all the 7 updates or just update the BIOS using the latest one? Thx before

ADDED: And to say one other thing: normally I'd agree with Phillip: the old saying 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' is very wise when it comes to BIOS updates. Except when it's come to Ryzen architecture, there is so much evolving as AMD is releasing updates to AGESA code that facilitates both CPU and memory performance and compatibility. And, as well, new processors coming.

In my case, I didn't know I needed an update to my B450m Mortar until I did it. It improved memory stability a lot, allowing additional memory OC, and allows me to set core voltage off-sets now so the CPU runs cooler! I had no idea that was coming until I got it. I'm not suggesting yours will be as dramatic...but I think it's probably a worthwhile endeavour so long as you proceed carefully and patiently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiang_kla10
Solution

Tiang_kla10

Commendable
May 2, 2017

In my case, I didn't know I needed an update to my B450m Mortar until I did it. It improved memory stability a lot, allowing additional memory OC, and allows me to set core voltage off-sets now so the CPU runs cooler! I had no idea that was coming until I got it. I'm not suggesting yours will be as dramatic...but I think it's probably a worthwhile endeavour so long as you proceed carefully and patiently.

Thank you for the advice, I think I'll have enough guts when I already save enough money for a new motherboard just in case I messed up with the BIOS flashing and by then I hope Ryzen 3rd gen already showed up and also the Navi chips.

Tiang_kla10

Commendable
May 2, 2017
BTW, since my question already answered, how to turn my thread tag from "question" to "solved"? sorry I'm silent reader most of the time here.:tearsofjoy:

PS: I've figure it out by accident, thanks for the help guys