[SOLVED] Updating bios without CPU

richardunn50

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
Hey,

Ive ordered a Ryzen 9 5900x and have a TUF B550 Plus motherboard.

I get this warning in PCPartPicker.com: "The Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor with BIOS version 1004. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU. "

How do I know what Bios is running without a cpu and if I need to update it is it possible without a cpu

Thanks,
Richard

Solution
After you get the motherboard in hand, there should be a sticker with a barcode and a 4 digit number located towards the top right hand corner of the motherboard PCB(above the ram slots) to indicate which BIOS the motherboard came shipped with from the factory. As for your query into flashing the BIOS without the CPU, you can follow through the steps on how to do so, in your motherboard manual, page 1-7(USB2.0 port labelled 5 on page) and page 2-4(CrashFree BIOS option).

Lutfij

Titan
After you get the motherboard in hand, there should be a sticker with a barcode and a 4 digit number located towards the top right hand corner of the motherboard PCB(above the ram slots) to indicate which BIOS the motherboard came shipped with from the factory. As for your query into flashing the BIOS without the CPU, you can follow through the steps on how to do so, in your motherboard manual, page 1-7(USB2.0 port labelled 5 on page) and page 2-4(CrashFree BIOS option).

Reactions: richardunn50
Solution