[SOLVED] Updating MB bios

Aug 5, 2019
i have my new Gigabyte B450M DS3H so i want to update the bios because i buyed an AMD RYZEN 5 3600 so i just only need to download the F42b directily? or what i need to do ? i have f4 and in the side says "Note: Before updating BIOS to this new version, you MUST follow the steps as BIOS F40 Note's description in advanced" so i need to do this first? and i have an Ryzen 7 1700 so i can update the mobo :) any help? Im new at this xd

Solution
but i have a new SSD XD i dont have any OS there :c can i update bios then do that when i installed windows?

If it's a clean install, it shouldn't be an issue. The errors are usually a result of an OLDER chipset driver attempting something the newer BIOS would have issue with. But those features are typically not invoked till AFTER the driver install. So you are safe to first install BIOS, then add the AMD Driver chipset (latest version)
Aug 5, 2019
Update the chipset drivers first. Then update the BIOS. The chipset drivers will know how to handle older bios versions. The chipset drivers will then switch over to handle the new features after the BIOS is updated.

but i have a new SSD XD i dont have any OS there :c can i update bios then do that when i installed windows?

If it's a clean install, it shouldn't be an issue. The errors are usually a result of an OLDER chipset driver attempting something the newer BIOS would have issue with. But those features are typically not invoked till AFTER the driver install. So you are safe to first install BIOS, then add the AMD Driver chipset (latest version)

Solution