Updating my System/Upgrading

M05final

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2014
So my GPU died a few weeks ago and im now replacing it but since im replacing it i figured i would replace some of my Stock fans as well.

I have 3 questions basically.

#1, Will these fan work with my CPU cooler and would it be beneficial?

#2, Will these fans work with my Case?

#3, So this one the really question. I had a FTW 970 before it broke and i am hoping i get another one since im sending it to EVGA for warrenty. But im planning on doing an SLI so i was wondering does the Non FTW really make a difference? Couldn't i just Overclock it myself?
(I heard FTW meant Factory overclocked)

Full system Specs
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ssLZK8

#1 Replacing CPU Cooler Fans
PC Cooler:CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 280mm

New Fans:Corsair Air Series SP140 140mm Red LED High Static Pressure Fan Cooling - single pack (CO-9050024-WW)

#2 Case Fan upgrades
Case:Corsair Obsidian 750D Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Back exhaust Fan:Corsair Air Series AF140 140mm Quiet Edition High Airflow Case Fan Single Pack(CO-9050009-WW)

Front Intakes Fans:Corsair Air Series AF140 140mm Red LED Quiet Edition High Airflow Fan (CO-9050017-RLED )

#3 GPU Change
Old:EVGA GeForce GTX 970 04G-P4-2978-KR 4GB FTW GAMING w/ACX 2.0, Silent Cooling Graphics Card

New:EVGA GeForce GTX 970 DirectX 12 04G-P4-3973-KR 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

Solution
You don't want airflow fans on your radiator, because they won't be able to push air through the heat fins effectively.
You want something with a higher static pressure, like the Fractal Design HP-14s.
Whisper quiet, push a good amount of air and look really nice in any build.

If you really want to go for the red LEDs though, get the SP140s in red, as they ONLY come in LED form. :)
Airflows are fine for the front of your case though, but if they have a dust filter or limited airflow, static pressure also works well there.
You don't want airflow fans on your radiator, because they won't be able to push air through the heat fins effectively.
You want something with a higher static pressure, like the Fractal Design HP-14s.
Whisper quiet, push a good amount of air and look really nice in any build.

If you really want to go for the red LEDs though, get the SP140s in red, as they ONLY come in LED form. :)
Airflows are fine for the front of your case though, but if they have a dust filter or limited airflow, static pressure also works well there.

Solution
FTW doesn't mean factory overclocked, the FTW series is a card manufactured by EVGA with a custom PCB, which has more power phases allowing for higher overclocking. It also features a dual BIOS, meaning if you screw up your overclock, you can just revert to a previous profile and try again.
Definitely worth it if you're into overclocking.
Also yes, they will work with your case, although with that amount of fans you might want to pick up a couple of 3 pin fan splitters if you don't have enough headers.

In terms of graphics card, this will be fine to SLI, but wait before buying, because EVGA have been known to give free GPU upgrades in warranty if the card is not replaceable or damaged due to a factory issue.
This is unlikely, but worth waiting out for just in case! :)
You'll want to put the FTW in the x16 slot and overclock that just to get maximum performance out of your cards.