updating vista to sp1 offline help me pleeeeeaase

cardinhand

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
hi guys, i have a slow internet connection on my lappy and no connection on my new pc. i need sp1 upgrade for vista on the pc to be able to install the drivers for my gpu . i have little if no means to connect the pc to the net however do have my lappy connected so im trying to find a way to download the update for sp1 thats needed (preferably by usb) and transfer and upload the drivers to my pc any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

Solution
You need to download the stand-alone SP1 download that matches the PC you want to use it on. If you are running 32bits, then yes, that would be the plain x86 version.

cardinhand

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
because im not sure how to install i downloaded something i believe to be sp1 but its named something crazy like unconfirmed 4667793.crdownload and i copied it to the pc and it didnt recognise it and asked which program to run it with which is where im lost ive just been on the link you posted (thank you) and im not sure if i need 86x or 64x i imagine 86x as im on 32bit system any help is really appreciated thank you for your reply thank you for any further help

cardinhand

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
once ive downloaded and saved the updates to usb drive and obviously inserted the usb into pc and located files, will it be a straight forward installer or does the update need to be moved to a certain location and commands run to tell the pc where to find it and how actually update or have commands to boot from usb or anything like that? im very sorry for being so ignorant this is my first pc and as you can probably tell im not very knowledgeable on the subject yet once again any help is massively appreciated thank you

cardinhand

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
so ive downloaded the stand alone 86x update through the link and transfered it to the pc yet once double clicked the pc just asks which program it should open it with so im stuck cos i have no idea which program, if i just copy it to a program files folder or what please help me im so lost with this and really just wanna play some games before i go to work thank you

USAFRet

Titan

What is the specific, full filename of what you downloaded, and from where?
Is the extension .iso or .exe?