[SOLVED] updating x570 Aorus Master BIOS - newbie questions

Yarberger1

Honorable
Apr 22, 2015
Hello all

Forgive the idiocy of these questions, please!

1. I have a brand new x570 Aorus Master. Is it fine to update immediately to newest (i.e. F32) BIOS, or must updates be done incrementally?

2. I intend to update BIOS via QFLASH+. Is there a reason for not doing so? The processor is a Ryzen 3600. I also have the x570 Master in another system with a 7 3700x and had terrible boot/post problems initially (which are now fixed), so I'd like as stable a system as possible right away. But if updating via QFLASH (rather than plus) is better, I'll opt for that.

Thanks!

Solution
they don't make it obvious for sure and it can be hard to figure out.

i am on the 2nd newest bios for my aorus pro which does not include 5000 series support. one of these days' i'll use the dual bios to give it a shot and see what happens. but i have not seen anything to change what they first said which is that adding the 5000 series support ends support for the other cpu's and is not reversible.

i'd do some serious searching to see if anyone has those newer ones working on 3000 series or not. i'd not do it until i see 100 people saying it worked for them :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you can go straight to the newest version. no problem there.

and qflash or through windows or however i gets done is fine. it's all the same. but do be sure you know how to do it so you don't mess it up. i have 2 systems with an aorus pro and i updated both through the windows app no problem. but qflash is fine if that's how you want to go about it.

Hello all

Forgive the idiocy of these questions, please!

1. I have a brand new x570 Aorus Master. Is it fine to update immediately to newest (i.e. F32) BIOS, or must updates be done incrementally?

2. I intend to update BIOS via QFLASH+. Is there a reason for not doing so? The processor is a Ryzen 3600. I also have the x570 Master in another system with a 7 3700x and had terrible boot/post problems initially (which are now fixed), so I'd like as stable a system as possible right away. But if updating via QFLASH (rather than plus) is better, I'll opt for that.

Thanks!

1. You have to read the BIOS release notes, itll tell you if its a incremental process. Pretty sure ASRock is the only one that still does the incremental updates.

2.I have no experience with QFlash Plus so I cant comment.

Yarberger1

Honorable
Apr 22, 2015
you can go straight to the newest version. no problem there.

and qflash or through windows or however i gets done is fine. it's all the same. but do be sure you know how to do it so you don't mess it up. i have 2 systems with an aorus pro and i updated both through the windows app no problem. but qflash is fine if that's how you want to go about it.

VERY grateful for your reply. I don't see anything on the Gigabyte page (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-11-12/support#support-dl-bios) specifically setting out that F32 (or F30 for that matter) are not for 3000 series CPUs, even though 5000 series CPUs are referred to exclusively within the relevant descriptions. How do I determine this? Should I opt for F22 instead?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
they don't make it obvious for sure and it can be hard to figure out.

i am on the 2nd newest bios for my aorus pro which does not include 5000 series support. one of these days' i'll use the dual bios to give it a shot and see what happens. but i have not seen anything to change what they first said which is that adding the 5000 series support ends support for the other cpu's and is not reversible.

i'd do some serious searching to see if anyone has those newer ones working on 3000 series or not. i'd not do it until i see 100 people saying it worked for them :)

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS