Question Upgrade Advise

PachiiAxe

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hello guys! It's been a while since I posted for the last time. Im currently in the dilema of upgrading part by part.

My rig has the following components:

-i5 4690k
-16gbs 1866mh 2x8 Ram
-R9 Fury Nitro
-Asrock Z97 KillerX
-Hyper 212 EVO
-256gb SSD
-1tb WD 7200rpm

Now, im looking into upgrading to a i5 9600k and an RTX 2060 for gaming exclusively. I was offered the following:

-i5 9600k
-MSI B360M Pro-VDH or MSI Z390-A Pro
-16gbs 2x8 Crucial Ballistix 3000mhz DDR4
-EVGA RTX 2060 XC Black Edition or EVGA RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming

I can only pick the GPU or CPU+MB+RAM for this month as I got bills to pay haha. What would you recommend me going for first? Remember my rig is 99% for gaming and nothing more.

Thanks!

PachiiAxe

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I'd take the Ryzen 3600 & B450 Tomahawk MB over the 9600K any day for the extra threads and the performance per core is quite good.

Im not into any AMD cpu's as the games I play are very Intel biased unfortunately. Arma 3, Escape From Tarkov, Rising Storm 2, etc.
Also. I've been team red for a long time and im looking into changing things a bit.

GeForce1012

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
Hey Pachii,

I won't recommend parts because if you like your parts then stay with what makes you happy :D

What I would recommend though is wait for about November to buy your GPU because NVIDIA will probably have there game packs that come with something like Modern Warfare for free which can save you extra on buying the game :D Same with the mobo. They usually have game packs with that too.

Hope that helps :D

WildCard999

Titan
Im not into any AMD cpu's as the games I play are very Intel biased unfortunately. Arma 3, Escape From Tarkov, Rising Storm 2, etc.
Also. I've been team red for a long time and im looking into changing things a bit.
Budget?

If I was going Intel nowadays I'd look at the 8700(K) or 9700(K).

On the other hand is your 4690K struggling? I would think with some good cooling and a bit of overclocking it should handle those games fairly easily.

PachiiAxe

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hey Pachii,

I won't recommend parts because if you like your parts then stay with what makes you happy :D

What I would recommend though is wait for about November to buy your GPU because NVIDIA will probably have there game packs that come with something like Modern Warfare for free which can save you extra on buying the game :D Same with the mobo. They usually have game packs with that too.

Hope that helps :D

Thanks for the answer! Now lol if I could pick better parts I would for sure, but I live in a place where ordering stuff online is not as easy as you may think believe it or not. So I gotta do the best with what I got at my disposal.

GeForce1012

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
Thanks for the answer! Now lol if I could pick better parts I would for sure, but I live in a place where ordering stuff online is not as easy as you may think believe it or not. So I gotta do the best with what I got at my disposal.

Haha no worries man I have been in the same situation so I know how you feel :D enjoy your new parts! (When you get them) ;)