Upgrade for gaming pc

Dimmu

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015
hi there i want to upgrade my pc and i need help cause i dont know much.
my current build is i7 3770 non k,
gigabyte R9 280 3gb oc
8gb ram 1333
1000w gold psu
mobo i dont know but its not good
i want to upgrade my cpu,gpu,mobo
the games i play is WoW,diablo,starcraft,HOTS,fifa and BF4
ty in advance and plz help me

Solution
There's nothing wrong with the current GPU. An R9 270 is more than sufficient to play Starcraft or BF4, so your R9 280 is plenty of power.

Since you don't have an unlocked CPU (i7-3770, not the i7-3770K), it doesn't matter whether your board can overclock or not. However, if you wanted to, you could get a Z77 board, alhthough I only see prices for a few models & they're fairly expensive (http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/#c=52&sort=a8&page=1&f=7).

Bottom-line, though, is you have a 1st-tier CPU, your GPU at 6th-tier is still a very powerful card (currently has "honorable mention" next to the GTX 960, with the 280X version also a solid recommendation, in the $180-240 category). Considering that both nVidia & AMD...

Dimmu

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015
Im in greece right now but im moving to UK soon enough.budget is not a problem but i dont want to spend more than 700 euros for a gpu.do you know any mobo that is god for the i7 3770 cause mine is crap.and if you know for the games i play i go for nvidia or amd?
ty

Archgaull

Admirable
I'd wait until move you get to the upgrade, as they tend to have fairly decent prices, and I'm not sure about how good parts prices are in Greece currently.

As for motherboards, if you can find any Z77 motherboard from MSI, ASRock, or Gigabyte I'd get that if it has good reviews. The LGA1155 socket is pretty much dead, so you'd have to search, now I see why you want to upgrade.

You could always go with a i5-4690K, Z97 mobo, and a GTX 970 but I'm pretty sure that would be out of your budget.

Dimmu

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015
ty mate for the help well my budget for the gpu is around 700 euros not for the entire upgrade so we are free to look for a good cpu and a mobo and plz tell me shall i change the ram too?
Gigabyte GeForce GTX980 4GB WindForce 3X Gaming is it worth the 510 euros???
and tell me plz if u know intel or amd for games and maybe stream.AMD 9590 worth the buy??
and again ty

Archgaull

Admirable
The 980 is a good choice. For RAM, I'm fond of the G.SKILL brand as they are generally very well priced, reliable, and come with a lifetime warranty. I'd take Intel over AMD any day, as the single core performance will benefit you very well in gaming, and if you look at the various streamers/gamers computer rigs on twitch/youtube, you'll see the majority of them have Intel in their computers, so it's always nice to see what the experienced people have.

Dimmu

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015

i found G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR3-1600MHz for only 100 euros.if those are good

barto

Expert
Ambassador
There's really nothing bad about it. It shouldn't have been paired with the 3770k because that motherboard doesn't support overclocking. It's a lower end motherboard but technically nothing wrong with it unless you're experiencing issues. The component that will make the most difference is the GPU. Buying a new motherboard and CPU will make little to difference. The only reason to change motherboards is if you want to expand on your current platform to support more RAM or multiple GPUs etc.

Note: Changing motherboards may require the purchase of a new Windows key and re-installation of Windows.

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
There's nothing wrong with the current GPU. An R9 270 is more than sufficient to play Starcraft or BF4, so your R9 280 is plenty of power.

Since you don't have an unlocked CPU (i7-3770, not the i7-3770K), it doesn't matter whether your board can overclock or not. However, if you wanted to, you could get a Z77 board, alhthough I only see prices for a few models & they're fairly expensive (http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/#c=52&sort=a8&page=1&f=7).

Bottom-line, though, is you have a 1st-tier CPU, your GPU at 6th-tier is still a very powerful card (currently has "honorable mention" next to the GTX 960, with the 280X version also a solid recommendation, in the $180-240 category). Considering that both nVidia & AMD have new card lines coming out shortly, not to mention Intel & AMD both planning new CPU lines within the next year, makes me say keep your cash for now.

The only recommendation I would make is, if you don't already have one, consider getting an SSD for your OS & some of your apps/games.

Solution