[SOLVED] Upgrade GPU Issues

Jun 3, 2020
I currently have a Msi X58m motherboard, with 4x4GB Vengeance Ram, Xeon W3520 processor, Nvidia 4000 Quadro GPU, on a VS500 PSU (my first, budget rig) . I recently purchased a Msi Gtx 1650 to upgrade and run Warzone. I installed the new GPU and it won't even post. I'm not sure if it is a power issue, compatibility issue (PCI-E 2.0 on Mobo), or if it's a bad gpu. I confirmed with the seller they had it running on a Ryzen 1300 rig with no issues... Any insight is helpful!

Solution
I downloaded and flashed the most current BIOS for my Mobo and still no change. I connected the 1650 and I get a flash of light and no post still.

You will have to try an older series video card 970 may be good with your power supply, check the card against the PCIe power cables your power supply has.
Jun 3, 2020
I did not do anything in BIOS, I did reset the CMOS thinking that would do something. I can look in my BIOS to see what options there might be for the GPU. Any suggestions on what to look for/where to go to find correct settings?

I did not do anything in BIOS, I did reset the CMOS thinking that would do something. I can look in my BIOS to see what options there might be for the GPU. Any suggestions on what to look for/where to go to find correct settings?

I did not mean to check settings in the BIOS, I meant go to the motherboard vendor site and see if there is a newer BIOS for your motherboard. While older systems have issues with new video cards updating the BIOS does fix that issue in some systems.

Reactions: GRIMLOCKx01