Hey guys, first time posting, I'd appreciate your input on this:

My specs;

• Zotac GTX 1080 (8gb)
  • i7 3770 @3.4
  • 16gb RAM (1600mhz)
  • 480gb SSD
  • 1440p @60hz display

Observations;

I'm planning on upgrading this rig in a few months. My goal is being able to run newer titles on Ultra using my 2k monitor with stable 60 fps.
Currently, I can run about 50% of games maxed out on 1440p without issues. On heavier titles I need to reduce shadows/FX/lighting/draw distance to enjoy stable 60 fps.

I mostly play aRPGs, Open World games and the ocasional RTS. I'm targeting being able to run Cyberpunk 2077/Starfield/Vampire Bloodlines/etc without issues.

(I'm aware that my CPU is already bottlenecking my 1080 a bit, something between 10-15%, but read on... I'm also aware that I might need to eventually upgrade both the CPU and GPU's to achieve what I want.)

Question;

Having in mind that in 2020 the new Ampere cards are coming, what would be the best investment for my current loadout? Getting a new Mobo + Rams + CPU (Targetting the i7 9700KFs - which costs the same as any inferior CPU here, somehow) to pair with my GTX 1080 or keeping my current i7 3770 and getting a newer Ampere card? (Would the CPU bottleneck be so severe that I'd see marginal gains on gaming?)

Since I'm from Brazil, I'm expecting both scenarios to cost somewhat the same for me and would like to choose the "bang for the buck" option.

Thank you for your input and attention.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
Hey guys, first time posting, I'd appreciate your input on this:

My specs;

• Zotac GTX 1080 (8gb)
  • i7 3770 @3.4
  • 16gb RAM (1600mhz)
  • 480gb SSD
  • 1440p @60hz display

Observations;

I'm planning on upgrading this rig in a few months. My goal is being able to run newer titles on Ultra using my 2k monitor with stable 60 fps.
Currently, I can run about 50% of games maxed out on 1440p without issues. On heavier titles I need to reduce shadows/FX/lighting/draw distance to enjoy stable 60 fps.

I mostly play aRPGs, Open World games and the ocasional RTS. I'm targeting being able to run Cyberpunk 2077/Starfield/Vampire Bloodlines/etc without issues.

(I'm aware that my CPU is already bottlenecking my 1080 a bit, something between 10-15%, but read on... I'm also aware that I might need to eventually upgrade both the CPU and GPU's to achieve what I want.)

Question;

Having in mind that in 2020 the new Ampere cards are coming, what would be the best investment for my current loadout? Getting a new Mobo + Rams + CPU (Targetting the i7 9700KFs - which costs the same as any inferior CPU here, somehow) to pair with my GTX 1080 or keeping my current i7 3770 and getting a newer Ampere card? (Would the CPU bottleneck be so severe that I'd see marginal gains on gaming?)

Since I'm from Brazil, I'm expecting both scenarios to cost somewhat the same for me and would like to choose the "bang for the buck" option.

Thank you for your input and attention.
Change CPU

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk