[SOLVED] upgrade graphic card

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
I am looking to upgrade my graphic card on my dell computer.I had a post i did back in february of this year where i asked about this and one of your membeers helped me aalot about whicch cards i should get.But because of covid i was not able to buy them so now i am able to get them thru amazon.But the two cards that were recommended are not listed on amazon but they haave cards that i think will work bbut am not sure so i was wondering if someone might take alook to see if they will or not.The first card is a EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card.The second is a SI Radeon RX 5500 XT MECH 8G OC Graphic Card.

bignastyid

Titan
I checked on newegg for power units and i found this power unit, I would like to know if this will work also if you could can you tell me if i need aa 650 watt or can i go with a 500 or 550 watt unit.

CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply, CP-9020122-NA

The cx 650 you purchased and sent back was absolutely perfect for your pc.

It had 2 x 6+2 pins and a 8 Pin cpu plug that is splittable into 4+4.

Unfortunately I've only just got back online and didn't see your post image post until now.

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
I need to know if i really need to upgrade my power supply. I have a dell 460 watt unit but it does not have a 8 pin plug it has two 6 pin plugs my graphic card needs a 8 pin which i am sure i do not have .Should i buy the 650 again or can i go with something smaller like a 550 watt unit . I thought i just asked this but do not see what i posted so if i did and you are responding to it i apologize for the confusion.

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
So i bought a 550 watt power supply as the graphic card only requires a 450 watt one.after recieving my new power supply i found out what you said about one of the cables splits into two four pin plugs .So i want to thank you all for the help in explaining to me about one cable be able to split. So i want to apologize for any inconvience i may have bored you with. Thank You All For The Help.