[SOLVED] Upgrade HDD for Inspiron N5110. Need help to pick right SDD

Mar 15, 2020
I have Inspiron N5110 - Core i7 2670QM CPU @2.20GHZ, Installed RAM 8GM and HDD is 1TB. Computer is crawling and has Windows 10. Don't have budget for a new laptop soon. Can someone please suggest exact made and model of SDD I can upgrade to?. Looking for a 520GB or a 1TB SDD. I checked around and there are too many options and specfications to consider. SATA2 or SATA3...not sure which one would work. Called Dell and asked about this. They said, they do not support these questions and left to figure out myself. Appreciate your inputs.

Solution
I have Inspiron N5110 - Core i7 2670QM CPU @2.20GHZ, Installed RAM 8GM and HDD is 1TB. Computer is crawling and has Windows 10. Don't have budget for a new laptop soon. Can someone please suggest exact made and model of SDD I can upgrade to?. Looking for a 520GB or a 1TB SDD. I checked around and there are too many options and specfications to consider. SATA2 or SATA3...not sure which one would work. Called Dell and asked about this. They said, they do not support these questions and left to figure out myself. Appreciate your inputs.
You just need a 2.5" SATA SSD like the one in the link below.
https://www.amazon.com/ADATA-SU760-NAND-Internal-ASU760SS-1TT-C/dp/B07TBQ637W

Your device supports SATA II but the...
You just need a 2.5" SATA SSD like the one in the link below.
https://www.amazon.com/ADATA-SU760-NAND-Internal-ASU760SS-1TT-C/dp/B07TBQ637W

Your device supports SATA II but the SSD is backward compatible.
The SSD won't run at rated SATA III speeds (500-575MB/s) on your laptop, but it will be a lot faster (around 250-300MB/s) than a HDD (90-100MB/s).

Last edited:
Reactions: tata111
Solution