[SOLVED] upgrade issue

Jun 5, 2020
hi guys

so i just revived my new pre-build gaming PC(not cool.. I know ). I basically picked all the parts, that been said the power supply, CPU, GPU, storage are pretty decent. However the ram that come with it is 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance). First couple my overall experience with this new PC were great and i encountered zero issue. However, I wasn't satisfying with the ram MHz so i went on best buy web and bought a faster one, CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2PK 8GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory Kit with RGB Lighting - Black. After i Replace it, problems starts to emerge, blue screen, PC shut down during gaming, and couple display issue. Replacing RAM Is a easy task and I did bunch a research on how to do it, so i do not think that i messed that part up(i didn't mess around with the bio or any other setting). It s a high end pc. Ryzen 3900, Geforce 2080 super, 1TB Samsung sdd, 2TB SATA-III HDD, corsair 800 watt power supply. So whats the problem????? Why is my new ram not working?

Solution
Make sure the RAM sticks are in the good slots from your manual.

Make sure you turned off your DOCP RAM profile before installing the new RAM. Then turning it on again.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS. BIOS update come with Memory Compatibility update.

Test the ram with memtest.

Reduce the RAM speed to see if the instability issues remain.
Make sure the RAM sticks are in the good slots from your manual.

Make sure you turned off your DOCP RAM profile before installing the new RAM. Then turning it on again.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS. BIOS update come with Memory Compatibility update.

Test the ram with memtest.

Reduce the RAM speed to see if the instability issues remain.

Solution