i need help
my son pc have this spec:
Z-170A
i7 7700 (non k)
Asus Gtx 1060 6gb
32 ram ddr4 2600mhz
650w power supply gold seasonic

i want to upgrade the gpu
I know the motherboard have his limit on ram and cpu (no see reason to buy i7 7700k overclokcing not option)
but i heard many about somthing that called bottlenack
how much it can harm (if any) his pc and other componentes?
the big question is what gpu will work with this cpu.
he played on 1080 screen only.
p.s sorry if my english not good i just try to help my son
if there is a wrong info i write maybe some people lie to me or try to make me buy a whole new pc
but i dont have the money right now.
thanks in advance for everyone.

Last edited:
Solution
it will not harm anything , it will work just fine and safe :
bottleneck is just a term for when your cpu is no longer up to date and is slowing down your graphics card
(or the other way around)
so your graphics card is not performing to its full potential in games that are more cpu demanding .
i7 7700 is still relatively OK for gaming generally speaking .
if you want to buy a brand new video card than radeon rx 6600 should be the best deal (depending on prices in your country of course)
if you want second hand video card than you should get something like rtx 2060/2060 super or radeon 5700xt .
your cpu will bottleneck these cards in some cases but it will not be too bad in most games and your son will see an improvement over gtx 1060...
bottleneck is just a term for when your cpu is no longer up to date and is slowing down your graphics card
so your graphics card is not performing to its full potential in games that are more cpu demanding .
if you want to buy a brand new video card than radeon rx 6600 should be the best deal (depending on prices in your country of course)
if you want second hand video card than you should get something like rtx 2060/2060 super or radeon 5700xt .
your cpu will bottleneck these cards in some cases but it will not be too bad in most games and your son will see an improvement over gtx 1060 for sure .

Last edited:
Reactions: Drorl1981
Solution

Drorl1981

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2015
your cpu will bottleneck these cards in some cases but it will not be too bad in most games and your son will see an improvement over gtx 1060 for sure .

you made my day
now i can upgrde the gpu and not worry.
thank you very very nuch you helped me alot :)