Question Upgrade my i9-9900k z390 3080Ti on this black friday?

scottreasbeck

Reputable
Apr 16, 2018
Should I upgrade my i9-9900k z390 3080Ti for something that won't break the bank on this glorious black friday weekend? I try to follow advice videos but it's difficult due to so many variation combos and myself being a rookie. I'm playing AC Valhalla.

scottreasbeck

Reputable
Apr 16, 2018
Are you happy with performance currently? 13th gen would be considered but if you can wait another couple of years then i would think it's not worth it really. 9900k is still decent enough to last a bit longer.
Yes I am and I am only running stock CPU, slight underclock on the GPU. Valhalla plays fine for me to be happy. I do like to take advantage of good sales if they present themselves though. I'm a rookie so I gotta seek advice.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Windows will have to be reinstalled, so hopefully you've considered that and have an ms account to deactivate your current system to activate in new.

13th gen is good but id wait until 14th or 15th gen so you can take full advantage of pcie5 nvme drives instead of this generation ssd taking half of pcie gpu lanes. Pcie 4 nvme would still be perfectly fine though, and that doesn't eat into graphics slot lanes. Thought you'd consider waiting because direct storage (look it up) is a thing and imagine that on pcie 5 ssds.

Black friday sales isn't going anywhere 😊

scottreasbeck

Reputable
Apr 16, 2018
Windows will have to be reinstalled, so hopefully you've considered that and have an ms account to deactivate your current system to activate in new.

13th gen is good but id wait until 14th or 15th gen so you can take full advantage of pcie5 nvme drives instead of this generation ssd taking half of pcie gpu lanes. Pcie 4 nvme would still be perfectly fine though, and that doesn't eat into graphics slot lanes. Thought you'd consider waiting because direct storage (look it up) is a thing and imagine that on pcie 5 ssds.

Black friday sales isn't going anywhere 😊
No that makes sense for sure. Thanks for the comments. I'd also have to consider, would I really notice a difference? Like my kids say, wow nice GPU dad, I bet your facebook loads much faster now HA!

Reactions: Vic 40