Upgrade path from an I5 7500

Sep 5, 2018
I have an I5 7500, 16bg ram at 3400mhz, gtx 1070 on a gigabyte ga-z270m-d3h mobo. My storage is a 1tb hdd and two 500gb ssd's. I have everything in the phantek enthoo case cooled with be quiet fans/cpu cooler. This is all powered by a be quiet 600w 80+ silver psu.

I can run all my games at 1440p/90fps, is there any point in upgrading from my current build? I wouldn't mind changing out the mobo at least so I have more usb ports and a couple more case fan headers to help with the air flow issue, maybe an rgb header too?

If I upgrade the cpu I would like to replace the air cooling with an aio so that could help with removing the hot air in the case. I understand that I am asking a lot of questions but what would you do with my pc if it were up to you? Thanks.

Solution
I can run all my games at 1440p/90fps, is there any point in upgrading from my current build?
If you don't need it, don't do it. You could wait till the newer generation (9th) comes. The prices will drop then. 8600K + Z370 should be a good choice then. You could buy a 7700K and overclock it too since you have a Z motherboard.
fan headers
I recommend buying 60CFM+ and 20dB- fans and connecting them directly to PSU. Running them dynamically can reduce their lifespan + mess up airflow. I have 6 fans running on PSU (100%) for the past two years, good airflow with no signs of giving out. Also, no noise.
If I upgrade the cpu I would like to replace the air cooling
Tower air coolers should push hot air directly to the rear fan...

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
I can run all my games at 1440p/90fps, is there any point in upgrading from my current build?
If you don't need it, don't do it. You could wait till the newer generation (9th) comes. The prices will drop then. 8600K + Z370 should be a good choice then. You could buy a 7700K and overclock it too since you have a Z motherboard.
fan headers
I recommend buying 60CFM+ and 20dB- fans and connecting them directly to PSU. Running them dynamically can reduce their lifespan + mess up airflow. I have 6 fans running on PSU (100%) for the past two years, good airflow with no signs of giving out. Also, no noise.
If I upgrade the cpu I would like to replace the air cooling
Tower air coolers should push hot air directly to the rear fan. The CPU shouldn't contribute too much too hot air. The culprit is the GPU. Some have gotten water cooled GPUs to avoid this. Custom cooling GPU works too.

If you insist on AIO, don't go cheap and definitely don't buy a 120mm one.
what would you do with my pc if it were up to you?
Save money. Spend when you need it. Better components become cheaper as times passes. Instead of buying an upgrade you won't need, buy better/cheaper one when you need it.

Solution