Upgrade PC or buy PS4?

MonstrousOgre

Prominent
May 22, 2017
So I just wanna make it clear first that really good graphics are more like a bonus for me. I would definitely prefer them but as long as it doesn't look terrible and I get a smooth framerate, I'm good. What I care more about are the games, and the PS4 does have a lot of exclusives that I'm interested in.

Here are my specs
i5-7600k
GTX 1060-3GB
16GB DDR4
Intel H110m
240GB SDD
2TB HDD

Now I'm not really planning to replace any parts except my mobo, because I want to OC my CPU. I already overclocked my GPU. I know that the GPU matters more while gaming, but I have a lot of PS2 games and most PS2 emulators emulate better when you use the CPU. I can emulate most just fine but there are some games that are a little slow.

I do still have my PS2 and can play on it, but the games just look a lot better when I emulate it than they did on my PS2

On the other hand, buying a PS4 will be more expensive than a new mobo, but it'll increase the number of games I'll be able to play. And as I said, I do care about the games more than anything.

Solution
If you care about the ps4 exclusives enough then get a ps4, but if you just want to play ome exclusive buying a ps4 would be pointless because you would be paying alot of money for one game. Only get the ps4 if you imtend to use for more than one game.Theres still alot of black friday and cybermonday sales so maybe you could also pick up a new motherboard for cheap.

mathewwatterson

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
If you care about the ps4 exclusives enough then get a ps4, but if you just want to play ome exclusive buying a ps4 would be pointless because you would be paying alot of money for one game. Only get the ps4 if you imtend to use for more than one game.Theres still alot of black friday and cybermonday sales so maybe you could also pick up a new motherboard for cheap.

Solution