[SOLVED] Upgrade Ram to CL15 in ASUS ROG Strix SCAR III G731GV

Feb 5, 2021
Hello Guys,

I'm asking you some things about RAM Upgrade for my ASUS ROG Strix SCAR III G731GV.

At the Moment is one 16GB Ram inside from Hynix CL19 > https://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/sk-hynix-so-dimm-16gb-hma82gs6cjr8n-vk-a1997094.html
Cant buy the Same Ram because i dont pay 150 + Taxes from the States to Europe and here the Ram is sold out...

So i was thinking to Buy 2 new Ram's because i dont want to play Roulette with 2 Mixes Rams.

i found some Ram's. Kingston HyperX Impact 2x16GB 2666Mhz CL15 > https://geizhals.de/kingston-hyperx-impact-so-dimm-kit-32gb-hx426s15ib2k2-32-a1562092.html

So my Question now: Will the Hyper X work in my Strix Notebook? Should i buy CL19 or CL15? I mean CL15 is faster than CL19 or not? And the price Difference is 1:1 here in Switzerland...
Or is there some other CL15 better Rams? Crucial?

Thx guys :)

Solution
Yes, I also thought about buying a second Ram. But i dont want MIX Rams and Play Roulette if they work or not, so better i buy 2 new Rams... Money is not the problem, but the question is the same: CL15 instead of CL19? (Or is the Difference between CL15 vs CL19 so small and not worth to buy?) And works the Rams for my Notebook?
You can expect ~5% increase in performance at CL15 vs CL19 But that is mainly if you're CPU limited for example games like valorant, fortnite and csgo where your CPU performance matters as much as your gpu performance. AAA titles may see little to no increase as you're usually GPU bound in those games.
Feb 5, 2021
Maybe try tightening the timings on your current sticks rather than buying new ones. There is measurable difference between CL19 and CL15 but I personally wouldn't spend for this upgrade.

Yes, I also thought about buying a second Ram. But i dont want MIX Rams and Play Roulette if they work or not, so better i buy 2 new Rams... Money is not the problem, but the question is the same: CL15 instead of CL19? (Or is the Difference between CL15 vs CL19 so small and not worth to buy?) And works the Rams for my Notebook?

You can expect ~5% increase in performance at CL15 vs CL19 But that is mainly if you're CPU limited for example games like valorant, fortnite and csgo where your CPU performance matters as much as your gpu performance. AAA titles may see little to no increase as you're usually GPU bound in those games.

Solution
Feb 5, 2021

~5% increase not much but better than nothing.

Will the HyperX CL15 Rams work in my G731GV?