[SOLVED] upgrade RAM

Solution
Ryzen likes fast RAM and 3200MHz is plenty fast for normal use and gaming.

what does it means by "Ryzen likes fast RAM" ,for my current RAM does it not good enough or not suitable for Ryzen?

If your confused then I can recommend a good kit however maybe not at your budget.

Please bro,but maybe in lower price range?i dont really need RGB,i choose that PNY because it the cheapest i can find,not ebcause of the RGB

You can move more Data thru the CPU if you have faster RAM as RAM speed is tied to the Infinity Fabric of the CPU.
The difference between 2666MHz and 3200MHz can be considerable performance wise.
Ryzen processors have now proven to be more sensitive to RAM speed than Intel, Benchmarks show...
Hye,newbie here

Spec:

PSU GP650
B450 Steel Legend
M.2 WD Green
CPU 3600x
GPU Gigabyte RTX 2060 super
RAM Kingston 2666 8gb x 2

I want to upgrade my RAM,planning to buy this

https://www.pny.com/XLR8-Gaming-EPIC-X-RGB-Desktop-Memory?sku=MD16GK2D4320016XRGB

or can suggest better RAM with same budget?

is it okay?any big performance change?i read somewhere Ryzen need faster ram

Bad idea to mix RAM kits especially from differing manufacturers.

Select a kit the size you need from the MB QVL that are tested and known to work. Should the PNY kit you want be listed on the QVL then OK you just need them and keep the Kingston kit for spares.

Here is a good article regarding the issue. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...e-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-overview

Reactions: puansaravanan

puansaravanan

Prominent
Sep 12, 2020
Bad idea to mix RAM kits especially from differing manufacturers.

Select a kit the size you need from the MB QVL that are tested and known to work. Should the PNY kit you want be listed on the QVL then OK you just need them and keep the Kingston kit for spares.

Here is a good article regarding the issue. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...e-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-overview
Hye,thank you

im going to replace the ram,forgot to tell,not goign to mix them,sorry

question,do ryzen cpu really need 3200 ram to replace that 2666 ram?

and sorry,what is MB QVL,i google but i dont know where to start

Hye,thank you

im going to replace the ram,forgot to tell,not goign to mix them,sorry

question,do ryzen cpu really need 3200 ram to replace that 2666 ram?

and sorry,what is MB QVL,i google but i dont know where to start

Ryzen likes fast RAM and 3200MHz is plenty fast for normal use and gaming. They will however cost more than a 2666MHz kit.

Here is your MB QVL (qualified vendor list). https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Steel Legend/index.asp#MemoryMS

The RAM kits listed have been tested and known to work with your (Matice) CPU. The PNY kit have not been tested so you take a risk.
You will probably pay more for 3200MHz RAM however shop around.
If your confused then I can recommend a good kit however maybe not at your budget.

puansaravanan

Prominent
Sep 12, 2020
Ryzen likes fast RAM and 3200MHz is plenty fast for normal use and gaming. They will however cost more than a 2666MHz kit.

Here is your MB QVL (qualified vendor list). https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Steel Legend/index.asp#MemoryMS

The RAM kits listed have been tested and known to work with your (Matice) CPU. The PNY kit have not been tested so you take a risk.
You will probably pay more for 3200MHz RAM however shop around.

what does it means by "Ryzen likes fast RAM" ,for my current RAM does it not good enough or not suitable for Ryzen?

Please bro,but maybe in lower price range?i dont really need RGB,i choose that PNY because it the cheapest i can find,not ebcause of the RGB

You can move more Data thru the CPU if you have faster RAM as RAM speed is tied to the Infinity Fabric of the CPU.
The difference between 2666MHz and 3200MHz can be considerable performance wise.
Ryzen processors have now proven to be more sensitive to RAM speed than Intel, Benchmarks show greater performance gains from high frequency RAM in FPS (In game frame-rates)

The only kit I could find within your budget are without heat spreaders and no RGB that are tested.

Crucial have a kit (2x8) 16GB P/N : CT16G4DFD832A.16FE1 @ $60 US from Newegg

It would appear the PNY kit are better value for money if they will work. If you want to give them a try then make sure you can return them if they don't work.

Reactions: puansaravanan
Solution

puansaravanan

Prominent
Sep 12, 2020
Ryzen processors have now proven to be more sensitive to RAM speed than Intel, Benchmarks show greater performance gains from high frequency RAM in FPS (In game frame-rates)

The only kit I could find within your budget are without heat spreaders and no RGB that are tested.

Crucial have a kit (2x8) 16GB P/N : CT16G4DFD832A.16FE1 @ $60 US from Newegg

It would appear the PNY kit are better value for money if they will work. If you want to give them a try then make sure you can return them if they don't work.
thank you!