Question Upgrade suggestions for an old prebuilt

Mar 14, 2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.newegg.com/amp/products/N82E16883227438

I have this computer from a while back and would like to upgrade it. A stick of ram died so it's only firing off of one of the two sticks. Other than that, the build is accurate. I was thinking I could salvage the CPU and HDD+SSD. I'm ignorant to motherboards so I dont know what I'm working with. I have been debating between the 1070 and 1660ti. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
When it comes to like speeds, always get the one that is most recent. However if the former is cheaper and on sale and if you're on a budget go for the 1070. 3770k's are still very formidable and if you can overclock that to 4.5ghz then you really don't need to worry for another 1 or 2 years max, at least for gaming.

People think ddr3 and ddr4 is some kind of game changer but during most everyday performance the difference is still quite negligible. However 16 seems to be the new minimum so you might want to search for the 2nd 8gb and always check your PSU and ensure it provides adequate voltage for your GPU and/or overclock setups, Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS