[SOLVED] Upgrade suggestions for better/more consistent fps when streaming

Jan 8, 2019
So my current specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD FX-8370
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 933MHz
Mobo: MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition
GPU: 8192MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (MSI)
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650w
Storage: 1TB Western Digital WDC

My pc has worked really well for gaming for the past couple of years but I recently started streaming and I have noticed that many different games tend to get fps lag and stuttering. I stream at 720p 60fps and don't want to change that (unless it's to make even higher quality). I have tried almost everything I can think of and find online without much success. Everything from messing with in game settings as well as stream settings and various PC program tweaks and whatnot yet I still get this stuttering issue so I figured I should just upgrade what I need to in order to be able to stream (things like Sea of Thieves and Fortnite to name a couple) on med-highish settings without any issues.

Any and all suggestions and ideas on new hardware would be greatly appreciated and although price isn't a huge issue please don't just suggest the best possible components out there . xD

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Solution
To stream efficiently, you may want to upgrading the entire system, and for around 900~ you can get a very capable streaming setup. I can provide a list of parts if you wish

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
Software is not really going to do a lot for you because the platform is getting old and AMD is focusing on AM4. I suggest you wait and see what they reveal at CES tomorrow.

lthampton

Notable
Jan 8, 2019
To stream efficiently, you may want to upgrading the entire system, and for around 900~ you can get a very capable streaming setup. I can provide a list of parts if you wish

Solution
Jan 8, 2019

Yeah I'm beginning to think doing a whole new build might be the way to go. I for sure want to keep the case I have and as many parts as possible if they would work well (cpu maybe) but if not then I will do what I have to do. This is my entire build not counting the GPU https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yHqyr6

Jan 8, 2019

any issues with going up to a beefier gpu? like a 1080?