Build Advice Upgrade suggestions ( What would you do? )

Vpsycho

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2016
Hey everyone. After 5 years i am planing to upgrade my rig. I mostly use pc for gaming, ınternet and for da vinci resolve. Mostly when ı upgrade, ı plan to upgrade for use 5 or more years. So i need your advices badly cause i am extremely confuse about the new rig build and ı need to update until the mid of november.

First of all, my current system is:

Intel i7 8700k
32gb gskill 3200 mhz ram
Asus tuf motherboard
Asus gtx 1080 ti oc
Corsair psu and cooler master 240mm liquid cooler.
32 ınch 1440 p - 165 HZ LG

This rig handles well since 2017 but of course on some games it suddenly shut down pc and the cpu is very hot. Especially cause it is 6 core cpu, i cant play ubisoft games cause of %100 cpu usage and this creates extreme heat. I tried most of the ways and undervolting helped for heating about 10 degree.

I mentioned that cause of these problems i really want to build a rig which will not create those kind of problems like high temperatures and sudden shut downs. ( I know it can happen even in perfect combine systems )

So ı make some research and new cpu's are hot but people mention about undervolting and good cooler decrease temps very efficiently. So i focused those 4 cpu's:

AMD 7900X and 7950x
Intel 13700k and 13900k

Also as you know the advantages and disadvantages are like that:

Both amd and intel use high power ( Energy prices )
Amd current socket gonna be around until 2025
Intel gonna change new socket next in 2023
Both platform run hot

My first question is which cpu you would advice for long term using ?

Second question is that; I use my pc in 1440p. Not have plan to upgrade to 4k. So 3080 ti Asus tuf is ok or should i wait 4080?

Also i am totally open to your suggestions about other parts of pc. Also ( No budget problem )

Thank you!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Also ( No budget problem )

If this would be true (which i doubt), then get the best/fastest hardware currently available and you can get easy 5-7, or even 10 years out, before upgrade is needed.

i9-13900K is currently best/fastest CPU.
RTX 4090 is currently the best GPU, miles better from everything else.

RTX 4090 alone requires at least 1200W PSU, while with no monetary limit, i'd go with 1600W PSU instead.

Second question is that; I use my pc in 1440p. Not have plan to upgrade to 4k. So 3080 ti Asus tuf is ok or should i wait 4080?

Given that for RTX 4090, 4K is a breeze, 2K is nothing. This far extends the usage of PC for years, 10 years or even more.

Also i am totally open to your suggestions about other parts of pc.

Here's what i'd go for, when money isn't issue and idea is to extend the PC lifespan:
(Take this build as a guideline.)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900K 3 GHz 24-Core Processor ($660.00)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler ($109.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z790 GODLIKE EATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($1200.00)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($529.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($529.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($219.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($219.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI SUPRIM X GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card ($1700.00)
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D ATX Full Tower Case ($524.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic PRIME TX 1600 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($660.00 @ Amazon)
UPS: CyberPower PR2200LCD UPS ($1029.95 @ Amazon)
Total: $7824.83

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-28 12:27 EDT-0400

Few words

CPU
Best currently available.

CPU cooler
King of air coolers. Also looks good, without any RGB.

I'm not fond with water coolers of any kind, hence why i put in air cooler.
As far as AIOs vs air coolers go, you won't gain any cooling performance if you go with AIO over air cooler since both are cooled by ambient air.
For equal cooling performance between AIOs and air coolers, rad needs to be 240mm or 280mm. Smaller rads: 120mm and 140mm are almost always outperformed by mid-sized air coolers. Single slot rads are good in mini-ITX builds where you don't have enough CPU cooler clearance to install mid-sized CPU air cooler.

Here are the positive sides of both (air and AIO) CPU cooling methods;

Pros of air coolers:
less cost
less maintenance
less noise
far longer longevity
no leakage risks
doesn't take up case fan slots
additional cooling for the RAM
CPU cools down faster after heavy heat output

Pros of AIOs:
no RAM clearance issues*
no CPU clearance issues
CPU takes longer time to heat up during heavy heat output (about 30 mins)
* on some cases, top mounted rad can give RAM clearance issues

While how the CPU cooler looks inside the PC depends on a person. Some people prefer to see small AIO pump in the middle of their MoBo with tubing going to the rad while others prefer to see big heatsink with fans in the middle of their MoBo.

Main difference between AIO and air cooler is that with AIO, you'll get more noise at a higher cost while cooling performance remains the same.
Here's also one good article for you to read, albeit few years old, where king of air coolers (Noctua NH-D15) was put against 5x high-end AIOs, including king of AIOs at that time (NZXT x61 Kraken),
link: http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nh-d15-versus-closed-loop-liquid-coolers/1

Personally, i'd go with air coolers every day of the week. With same cooling performance, the pros of air coolers outweigh the pros of AIOs considerably. While, for me, the 3 main pros would be:
1. Less noise.
Since i like my PC to be quiet, i can't stand the loud noise AIO makes. Also, when air gets trapped inside the AIO (some AIOs are more prone to this than others), there's additional noise coming from inside the pump.
2. Longevity.
Cheaper AIOs usually last 2-3 years and high-end ones 4-5 years before you need to replace it. While with air coolers, their life expectancy is basically unlimited. Only thing that can go bad on an air cooler is the fan on it. If the fan dies, your CPU still has cooling in form of a big heatsink. Also, new 120mm or 140mm fan doesn't cost much and it's easy to replace one. While with AIOs, the main thing that usually goes bad is the pump itself. And when that happens, your CPU has no cooling whatsoever. Since you can't replace pump on an AIO, you need to buy whole new AIO to replace the old one out.
3. No leakage risks.
Since there's liquid circling inside the AIO, there is always a risk that your AIO can leak. While it's rare, it has happened. It's well known fact that liquids and electronics don't mix.
MoBo
MSI Godlike. And it is godlike, since it offers plethora of features + then some. E.g 7x M.2 SSD slots, backplate, classy looks and price tag to match all of it, to name the few,
specs: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-Z790-GODLIKE

RAM
4x 32 GB DDR5 at 6000 Mhz and with 30 CAS Latency, totaling at 128 GB. More than enough for your video editing, which needs quite a bit of RAM. Well, 64 GB would do too, but for future proofing, more RAM has never hurt. (Except perhaps the wallet, but that isn't an issue, is it?)
RAM has RGB strip on it, that you can either disable, or get non-RGB RAM instead, to keep the clean look of the build.

SSDs
4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 drives. Well, these are optional but with MSI Godlike MoBo and 7x M.2 SSD slots, why not utilize them.
Here's how i'd set up the 4 drives:
  1. OS drive
  2. Games drive
  3. Projects drive
  4. Backup drive for all other data in PC

GPU
RTX 4090, best what money can buy at the moment.

PC Case
Cosair 1000D super-tower, so that you'd have ample space to house all that. Especially since MoBo is E-ATX and needs bigger PC case. Also, RTX 4090 is huge in terms of dimensions and needs quite a bit of space. Same goes for NH-D15 CPU cooler.
Note: choosing a PC case is personal choice and feel free to switch it out. Though, you need to be careful on selection since not many cases can fit all that hardware.

PSU
Seasonic PRIME 1600W 80+ Titanium. Either that, or Corsair AX1600i. Seasonic PSU comes with 12 years of warranty and it being 80+ Titanium, means best efficiency possible. It won't get any better than that. Oh, AX1600i, while being fully digital PSU, has 10 years of warranty. But i prefer Seasonic more.
(All 3 of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig.)

UPS
Every PC should be backed up by an UPS and after forking out that kind of money, UPS is a must. So, put in CyberPower UPS, that is rated for 2200VA/1980W, is line-interactive and true/pure sine wave,
specs: https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/product/ups/smart-app-sinewave/pr2200lcd/

Note: That specific UPS is only meant when you live in USA with 120V AC system. If you live somewhere else, let me know and i'll change UPS.

Oh, two of my 3 PCs, Skylake and Haswell, are also backed up by an UPS. One UPS per PC. I have these in use: CyberPower CP1300EPFCLCD (1300VA/780W, true/pure sine wave, line-interactive).

-----

This would be just the tip of the iceberg, since i would also pay CableMod a visit and buy custom sleeved cables for entire build. Depending on what color theme to go for, one can customize the colors of all cables. E.g all 3 of my PCs also have CableMod custom sleeved cables in them, to create nice color theme. Feel free to look pics from my sig.

Another thing i'd do, is buying more case fans. Depending on the taste, options are wide. I prefer performance over RGB and i have 0 issues getting non-RGB fans for my PCs (which i've also done).

Now, it is very likely that the build i put out, is overkill for you and others come along, suggesting more "reasonable" build for you. But since you asked what i, personally, would do and when money isn't an issue. This would be what i'd do, while considering your usage in video editing and also desire for PC to last for years.
E.g my main build, Skylake, is older than yours (Intel 6th gen), and i've had it for 6 years now. I'd like to get about 10 years out of it before going with new one. And thus far, it has worked flawlessly. Then again, i bought high-end hardware and i wasn't looking for cheapest price. Due to this, my PC is still good enough for me. Sure, i had to upgrade GPU down the line, but other than that, my rig is solid and i don't need new one, per se. At least not yet. :)

Reactions: Vpsycho
Also ( No budget problem )
Aye, be careful with such statements. We have an artists that can make you truly no budget build that will make you drooling when you realize you have to make some cuts.
My first question is which cpu you would advice for long term using ?
Does not matter. They are all great chips with similar performance (of course 9s beat 7s and 950 beats 900 obviously).
For 4K, with a longevity in mind, 4090 no second thoughts. Just make sure to not use power adapter that comes with it, use only true PCIe 5 PSU cables to power it.

Reactions: Vpsycho

Vpsycho

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2016
Thank you so much for your suggestions with great explanations. About your suggestions ı would like to add and wanna get your extra suggestions about these:

After i post this, i have been keep watching those youtube videos about cpu's and about 13900k ones, people mostly mention aio's. I know noctua is best for air cooling but people say, Noctua NH-D15 can cool ryzen 7950x but not 13900k. Also ı just watched this video which is about da vinci resolve with both 13900k and 7950x for thermals:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePb9vXX8O1U&t=478s

The temp of 13900k is extremely high. It reaches 102 Degree.

Like you sad Aio's have risks about leaking but even with 360mm aio's people are try harding to cool 13900k so how air cooling can chandle with those temps?

Again i am just speaking cause of videos. I am not expert like you but those temperatures are really scaring me :)

Like your suggestions i am going to buy samsung and gskill directly. But for motherboard and gpu:

I really wanna keep my current 1440p - 165 hz for another 2 year. Cause of this and both bottleneck and melting cables of 4090, ı really focus for 3080 ti or maybe 4080. I always used asus on motherboard and gpu. So asus motherboard suggestion would be awesome for me?

LAst questions for not bothering you anymore :)?

Should i buy samsung 980 pro with heat sink or normal version?

I checked the psu and pc case. They are both out of stock. COuld you suggest me corsair or similar brand for these two item? And any specific case fan brands you suggest?

Thank you so much

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Should i buy samsung 980 pro with heat sink or normal version?

980 Pro with heatsink is only for PS5. So, it may not even work inside the PC.
Specs: https://www.samsung.com/us/computin...w-heatsink-pcie-4-0-nvme-ssd-1tb-mz-v8p1t0cw/

Hence why i put in regular 980 Pro.

I checked the psu and pc case. They are both out of stock.

Corsair 1000D is available on Amazon UK,
link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BQG4TM3

Same goes to TX-1600, also on Amazon UK,
link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seasonic-TX-1600-Modular-Titanium-CrossFire/dp/B09RTFBK1K/

Also ı just watched this video which is about da vinci resolve with both 13900k and 7950x for thermals:

I have a beef with this video.

The bloke in video says that he is running NH-D15 for his Intel build, while actually, he does not. :non:

Sure, in his AMD build, he has the NH-D15 chromax black, clearly visible, but when he pans the camera around to show us CPU cooler sitting on top of 13900K, he doesn't take the side panel off and also cuts the video fast, so people can not make out clearly what kind of CPU cooler he has there. But that much i can say, he does not have NH-D15 sitting on Intel chip.

At 3:06, you can see a glimpse of the CPU cooler, and it is single tower with one 120mm fan on it.

Screenshot from vid:

eTzr0fJ.jpg

But if you were to look at NH-D15 pics, from Noctua site https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/nh-d15, you'd see:

nh_d15_4_8.jpg

Whereby NH-D15 is dual-tower CPU cooler, with two custom 140mm fans on it. NH-D15 fans have rounded corners, with clear color contrast to mounting corners (dark brown), compared to the rest of the fan frame (beige).

What that bloke may have on Intel chip, looks to be Noctua NH-U12S redux (https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12s-redux), or similar;

nh_u12s_redux_1_2.jpg

A far weaker CPU cooler than NH-D15. And with that, trying to skew results, this video has 0 credibility, for me.

Btw, this isn't the only controversy in that bloke's video. GPUs are also different. Sure, both have the 6900 XT chip, but in Intel build, he has AMD Radeon reference GPU, while in AMD build, he has Sapphire aftermarket GPU, which often has better power delivery and cooling, compared to the reference GPU.
And of course, bloke also has different PC cases with vastly different cooling for either of the system. AMD build sits in Fractal Design Torrent case (one of the better ones), with at least 3x 120 (140?) mm bottom intake fans. Intel build is in far older PC case (didn't spend my time to look up what case it might be), with no bottom intake fans. <- That also plays a big role on CPU cooling.
All-in-all, biased video with 0 credibility.

For proper review, look at reputable sources, like GamersNexus or JayzTwoCents;

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWw6q6fRnnI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3EaGOyTzi4

Like you sad Aio's have risks about leaking but even with 360mm aio's people are try harding to cool 13900k so how air cooling can chandle with those temps?

Best air cooler (NH-D15 or NH-D15 chromax black for better color theme), triple fan setup on it (image of original NH-D15 with triple fan) and negative pressure inside PC case (so all hot air generated is expelled as fast as possible), should be enough to keep 13900K in check.

In TechPowerUP review,
link: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i9-13900k/23.html

Under full load (Blender), CPU did go to 100+C. But test setup used Noctua NH-U14S, which is not the best offered by Noctua.
NH-U14S is rated for 162 NSRP, while NH-D15 and it's variants are rated for 183 NSRP.
What is NSRP? Furthe reading from Noctua: https://noctua.at/en/noctua-standardised-performance-rating

So, it is possible, that by using better cooler, like NH-D15, would give less temps, than NH-U14S was capable of.

I really wanna keep my current 1440p - 165 hz for another 2 year. Cause of this and both bottleneck and melting cables of 4090, ı really focus for 3080 ti or maybe 4080.

Sure, you can keep your 2K monitor. Not saying that you have to go with 4K monitor, to be even close, to fully utilize the performance what RTX 4090 can offer.

E.g i'm running GTX 1660 Ti GPU, and while it can do 2K just fine, i'm happy with my 1080p monitor. On the flip side, this means my GPU is far longer relevant before me needing to upgrade it.

-----

As far as GPU power connector melting, don't use the one supplied by Nvidia, when you get your RTX 4090. Instead, buy one from CableMod. CableMod adapter is far better, and also customizable.

JayzTwoCents made a video about the adapter (at 1:55 is CableMod adapter);

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z58lEnnX1k

And follow-up video too;

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NGUov5Zb_0

-----

Here's comparison between RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 4090,
link: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3080-Ti-vs-Nvidia-RTX-4090/4115vs4136

So, are you really going to get inferior GPU, even when you have funds for far better GPU, which will also last you far longer, before GPU upgrade is needed? :LOL:

I always used asus on motherboard and gpu. So asus motherboard suggestion would be awesome for me?

In this case;
MoBo - Asus Z790 ROG Maximus Extreme,
specs: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z790-extreme-model/
egg: https://www.newegg.com/asus-rog-maximus-z690-extreme/p/N82E16813119520

This is best what Asus can do. Few differences to MSI Godlike are: 5x M.2 slots, no backplate but price tag is equal.

I prefer MSI, hence why i put in MSI hardware, but Asus is also good.

And any specific case fan brands you suggest?

Here, it depends on several factors;
  • do you want more eyecandy or more performance
  • if eyecandy, does the fan have to be ARGB
  • if performance, can fan have no LEDs what so ever, or one single LED color
  • any idea of the build color theme

Most of the times, there are 1-2 good fans within the brand, while some (or even most) are subpar. Only two brands, whos fans are great across board, are Noctua and Delta. With other brands, you need to search "the gem in the rubble", to say so. :LOL:

Overall, the rule of thumb is; the better they eyecandy - the worse performance and vice-versa. E.g you will not find any ARGB or even illuminated LED fans from Noctua or Delta lineups. Since for cooling, the sole task for a case fan, illumination does not matter at all. Still, there are good fans out there that offer good eyecandy as well, but those are few and far apart. (Luckily, i know some of them.)

-----

Oh, i just remembered something, and regarding of PC case.

While Corsair 1000D is great PC case and it's quite huge as well, since it has room for dual-setup, it is still just a box. With one practicality - to house PC components.

Now, i'm all about practicality, and without any budget, i'd get Lian-Li DK-05F "PC case" instead, :love:
specs: https://lian-li.com/product/dk-05f/
egg: https://www.newegg.com/p/2AM-000Z-00057

DK-05F looks unique, is very practical and also supports dual-system build. DK-04F is for single system build.

With DK-05F (or Corsair 1000D), you can build dual-system within same housing. E.g gaming rig + rendering rig.
Having whole system dedicated to specific task gives better optimization than all-in-one build. E.g rendering build would get Quadro GPU, loads of RAM, loads of storage, beefy CPU. While gaming build would get RTX GPU, 32 GB of RAM, Core i5 CPU and two M.2 NVMe SSDs (one for OS and games, another for backup).

Dual build is something to think about, if interested. But DK-05F is still one awesome "PC case". :sol:

Reactions: Vpsycho and DRagor

Vpsycho

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2016
Thank you so much all those informations and suggestions. I already start to make a list which your suggested parts. The only problem is that a few part like motherboard, case and psu are temporarily out of stock or full out of stock. Found noctua, 13900k, rams, noctua fans and 4090. But only gigabyte oc and normal version 4090's are in stock. Just send mail to seller about msi or asus 4090's stock. Waiting the reply.

Well, availability of 4090 might be currently somewhat of a problem. According to some rumors NVidia puts all production power right now towards professional level cards due to some problems with China so resupply of 4090 is not their priority. Your options are either take whats available or prepare for (maybe longer) wait. The latter option is certainly viable as you still have a working GPU.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The only problem is that a few part like motherboard, case and psu are temporarily out of stock or full out of stock.

Regarding PSU, Corsair AX1600i is also a solid choice,
specs: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...upply-Units/axi-series-config/p/CP-9020087-NA
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cJ...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020087-na

Since it's fully digital, you can even monitor the PSU from iCUE software, when using the included Corsair Link Digital cable, between PSU and MoBo.

Regarding MoBo, i see it being In Stock at the Newegg site i linked. Same with the PC cases (both the 1000D and DK-05F). Then again, i have no idea where you live and what kind of stores you're using to buy your hardware.

And with GPU, there are few around,
e.g Asus RTX 4090 in amazon (1 in stock, at the time of me writing this): https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-Gaming-Graphics-DisplayPort/dp/B0BGT61797
MSI RTX 4090 with AIO cooler: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GeForce-RTX-4090-SUPRIM/dp/B0BG94BM2G

logainofhades

Titan
Personally, I would still choose a 7950x over the 13900k, both get really hot, but power efficiency, and forward upgradability goes to AMD, right now. You might also want to wait and see what RDNA 3 brings to the table.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 4.5 GHz 16-Core Processor ($689.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 ZERO DARK 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX (rev. 1.0) ATX AM5 Motherboard ($289.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL32 Memory ($408.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL32 Memory ($408.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card ($2199.00 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Torrent ATX Mid Tower Case ($167.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair HX1500i (2022) 1500 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($399.99 @ Best Buy)
Custom: CORSAIR - 12-Pin GPU Power Cable, Sleeved - Black ($25.48 @ Best Buy)
Total: $5459.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-28 20:09 EDT-0400

Vpsycho

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2016
Personally, I would still choose a 7950x over the 13900k, both get really hot, but power efficiency, and forward upgradability goes to AMD, right now. You might also want to wait and see what RDNA 3 brings to the table.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 4.5 GHz 16-Core Processor ($689.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 ZERO DARK 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX (rev. 1.0) ATX AM5 Motherboard ($289.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card ($2199.00 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Torrent ATX Mid Tower Case ($167.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair HX1500i (2022) 1500 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($399.99 @ Best Buy)
Custom: CORSAIR - 12-Pin GPU Power Cable, Sleeved - Black ($25.48 @ Best Buy)
Total: $5459.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-28 20:09 EDT-0400

I mostly cant find specific items cause of out of stock. Also cause of demand prices are changing so fast. Now 7950x and 13900k out of stock from trusted sellers in my country. . So now the only option for me 13700k and 13700kf.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Now 7950x and 13900k out of stock from trusted sellers in my country. . So now the only option for me 13700k and 13700kf.

I'd contact the store and pre-order the i9, so that when new stock comes, you'd have a guarantee that you'll get the chip. Same with other hardware as well. Unless you're fine going with lesser hardware (and when the i9 is back in stock, 2-3 days later, you can be frustrated over it). ;)

Vpsycho

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2016
I'd contact the store and pre-order the i9, so that when new stock comes, you'd have a guarantee that you'll get the chip. Same with other hardware as well. Unless you're fine going with lesser hardware (and when the i9 is back in stock, 2-3 days later, you can be frustrated over it). ;)

I already contact some of them. They all say the same things. Like trasport problems globally, when stock comes mostly it is low amount and it is out of stock so fast etc.. Also i found some of the items you mentioned from global sites but the tax of customs are too high even more expensive than on my country.

Those are the stocks ı managed to found:

980 pro 1 tb

ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X ( not oc version)

ASUS TUF Gaming GT501 RGB Tempered Glass USB 3.1 Mid Tower ( I tried to find some reviews about, Will any rtx 4000 series can fit this case if i decide to upgrade and can i install 1000 watt psu in it or 1200 watt ?)

ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS Intel Z690 LGA1700 DDR5 6000 DP HDMI 4x M2 USB3.2 AURA RGB 2.5Gbit LAN ATX PCIe5.0

Also ı found Gskıll Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000MHZ CL30 but the serie numbers are different than yours:

Yours:

F5-6000J3040G32GA2-TZ5RK

The one i found:

F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N

Will it be any problem?

Still trying to find cooler and psu. Any different suggestions will be aprreciated. Even it aio or different brand psu's.

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Also i found some of the items you mentioned from global sites but the tax of customs are too high even more expensive than on my country.

I thought the money wasn't a problem? :unsure: Have things changed lately?

As far as tax of customs comes, that depends on how willing you're to get said item.
Now, this topic of yours is to help you to get your new PC, while also asking us what we'd do. This is actually quite rare here, in TH forums, asking what others would do. In that sense, i have a small tale of my own, regarding paying more.

When i was looking for 2.1 speakers for my Skylake build, i searched far and wide, until i finally landed on AverMedia Ballista Trinity (GS315) speakers (specs). Those speakers were everything i wanted + matching the theme of my build as well. And luckily, they were also sold by my local PC store. Sadly, i was a bit late of my purchase and missed out on them. Someone else bought them. Did contact the store and asked when they would be back in stock, but store told me that they won't be getting them anymore.
So, i was left with other sources, international ones, amazon.com to be exact. Since i live in Europe and amazon.com ships from USA, i had to pay more for the speakers + hefty customs fee as well. All-in-all, compared to my local store, i payed a bit extra on speakers alone (~€20) and a whole lot more on shipping (~40% of speakers price) + shipping time took 2 weeks. While if i would've bought them from my local store, shipping would've been free with next day delivery. So, there's that.

Since those speakers were what i wanted, i was willing to pay more for them and also wait longer before getting them. But that's just me and i do have budget limit. Still, i'm one of those few who have no issues paying premium price for a good product.

Btw, while i also prefer to buy my stuff from local stores, sometimes this isn't an option, and i have to buy them from international stores (i prefer amazon), and depending on an item, shipping can take from 2 weeks (if shipped from USA) to 2 months (if shipped from Asia). And i've also bought some items. Of course, with international purchase, i have to fork out customs fees on my own.

So, take a good look on how willing you're getting the said item and if money is really an issue or not.

Does fine, but i9 is slightly better since it has 8 more cores in CPU,
comparison: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-13700K-vs-Intel-Core-i9-13900K/4137vs4129

980 pro 1 tb

With NVMe, more space is far more cost effective. But you can always look into 970 Evo Plus 2TB, if you have that available. 970 Evo Plus 2TB is also my OS drive.
Comparison between 970 Evo Plus 2TB vs 980 Pro 1TB: https://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compa...ng-980-Pro-NVMe-PCIe-M2-1TB/m798635vsm1302577

ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X ( not oc version)

RTX 4090 is still miles better but it's your money.

ASUS TUF Gaming GT501 RGB Tempered Glass USB 3.1 Mid Tower ( I tried to find some reviews about, Will any rtx 4000 series can fit this case if i decide to upgrade and can i install 1000 watt psu in it or 1200 watt ?)

RTX 4090, depending on a model, should fit.

Case has CPU cooler clearance of 180mm + ~8mm for CPU and CPU socket thickness. So, if you'd use Cablemod angled adapter for 16-pin PCI-E (all RTX 40-series),
announcement: https://store.cablemod.com/12vhpwr-angled-adapter/

Then this would leave ~150mm GPU width to play with. So, you need to look the dimensions of RTX 40-series GPU. E.g Nvidia reference RTX 4090 is 137mm wide. AIB (aftermarket) GPUs can be wider.

PSU wise, PC case supports up to 240mm long PSUs. E.g:
Seasonic PRIME 1.3-1.6 kW PSUs are 210mm long.
Corsair AX1600i is 200mm long.
Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1600W is 220mm long.

Also ı found Gskıll Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000MHZ CL30 but the serie numbers are different than yours:

Yours:

F5-6000J3040G32GA2-TZ5RK

The one i found:

F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N

Will it be any problem?

The ones that i put in the build above, have RGB strip on them and is the set of 2x 32GB (64 GB total).
The ones you found, doesn't have RGB strip on them and are set of 2x 16 GB (32 GB total),
specs: https://www.gskill.com/product/165/393/1661410171/F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N

RGB strip is only for eyecandy. But RAM amount can make a difference, since with the two sets you found, max what you can ever get is 4x 16 = 64 GB.
64 GB, for the most part, is a lot of RAM and should be enough for all tasks. However, since you want your build for 5+ years, there's no telling the RAM amount for 3D rendering in the future. Could be that after a year or two, 128 GB would be preferred.

When looking the RAM amount on gaming perspective, ~10 years ago 8 GB of RAM was the norm for any gaming build. Few years ago, 16 GB was the norm. While as of today, 32 GB of RAM is sometimes suggested for gaming rigs, especially when considering the new AAA titles, which require quite a lot of hardware performance and RAM amount.
And for workstation use (3D rendering), the norm would be quadruple of what the norm is for gaming rigs.

Even it aio

Regarding AIOs, Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II is very solid. So is NZXT Kraken series. Corsair AIOs are like fallen angel. They used to be good, but as of now, other brands have offered better.

or different brand psu

The choice regarding PSUs isn't actually that wide, if you're looking the best money can buy and above 1200W. Seasonic is #1. Super Flower is also very good, namely Leadex series. And 3rd one i'd consider would be Flextronics. Flextronics is the OEM who made Corsair AX1600i.
The three 1600W "kings", pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/cJbwrH,2BcRsY,tFvdnQ/

Last edited: