LordVasky

Commendable
Aug 10, 2019
Hello Community this is my first post and i need some help, so i wanted to do an upgrade to my PC but i'm kind of new to this so i need help and suggestions.
I'm just a casual player so i don't want or need anything too fancy, i just want to be able to play some games at higher quality that i currently do.
My budget is around 250€ but can go up if it's really worth it.

Here's my Computer Specs:

Motherboard - MSI B150 Gaming M3
CPU - Intel Core i5 - 6400 2.70GHz
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 750 Ti 2GB
*PSU - NOX Hummer 80 Plus Bronze Edition 750W 650W
RAM - 8GB DDR4 (2666MHz)
Storage - 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
(If there's any info you need just ask, obviously)

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

*Edit - My PSU is 650W and not 750W, i should have double checked.

Last edited:
Solution
Ok, so the GTX 1060 has better performance but also consumes less than the RX 570, and i guess then you would recommend the 1060 over the 570?

I would as well. The 580 is faster than the 570 and trades blows with the 1060, but it's more power-hungry and your PSU is questionable. While 750W is enough, Nox is one of those companies that tries to undercut the expensive Spain/Portugal PSU markets with inexpensive, fairly low-quality PSUs. Unless you're upgrading the PSU, I'm inclined to choose a GPU that will push the PSU less.
Hello Community this is my first post and i need some help, so i wanted to do an upgrade to my PC but i'm kind of new to this so i need help and suggestions.
I'm just a casual player so i don't want or need anything too fancy, i just want to be able to play some games at higher quality that i currently do.
My budget is around 250€ but can go up if it's really worth it.

Here's my Computer Specs:

Motherboard - MSI B150 Gaming M3
CPU - Intel Core i5 - 6400 2.70GHz
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 750 Ti 2GB
PSU - NOX Hummer 80 Plus Bronze Edition 750W
RAM - 8GB DDR4 (2666MHz)
Storage - 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
(If there's any info you need just ask, obviously)

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

Are there any specific games you are looking at?

Your machine isn't too bad- I think the i5 is fast enough for most mid range graphics boards.

My suggesting would be looking at something like an RX 570 graphics card and increase the ram to 16gb should set you up.

LordVasky

Commendable
Aug 10, 2019
Are there any specific games you are looking at?

Your machine isn't too bad- I think the i5 is fast enough for most mid range graphics boards.

My suggesting would be looking at something like an RX 570 graphics card and increase the ram to 16gb should set you up.

First thanks for the suggestions, so the games i usually play are Verdun, Men of War: Assault Squad 2 and War Thunder but there are a lot more games that i don't play because my PC can't properly run such as GTAV, Arma 3(and even Arma 2) or Squad.

Are you happy with your FPS and it is just game settings you would like to turn up?

Well i'm quite happy with the FPS but just as i said to cdrkf there are a lot of games i would love to play but my PC can't handle them.

LordVasky

Commendable
Aug 10, 2019
So you guys suggested that i upgrade my graphics card and so far you suggested the GTX 1060 6GB and the RX 570.

I've looked them up and the GTX 1060 costs around 100€ more than the RX 570 also from what saw the performance difference doesn't look worth the 100€.

So i'd like some opinions on this.

Thanks.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Ok, so the GTX 1060 has better performance but also consumes less than the RX 570, and i guess then you would recommend the 1060 over the 570?

I would as well. The 580 is faster than the 570 and trades blows with the 1060, but it's more power-hungry and your PSU is questionable. While 750W is enough, Nox is one of those companies that tries to undercut the expensive Spain/Portugal PSU markets with inexpensive, fairly low-quality PSUs. Unless you're upgrading the PSU, I'm inclined to choose a GPU that will push the PSU less.

Solution
First thanks for the suggestions, so the games i usually play are Verdun, Men of War: Assault Squad 2 and War Thunder but there are a lot more games that i don't play because my PC can't properly run such as GTAV, Arma 3(and even Arma 2) or Squad.

Well i'm quite happy with the FPS but just as i said to cdrkf there are a lot of games i would love to play but my PC can't handle them.
Hmm you may be disappointed with just a gpu upgrade then. You can start there but you find the limit of a quad core in modern games.

LordVasky

Commendable
Aug 10, 2019
I'm sorry guys but i guess i should have double checked because my PSU is 650W and not 750W and it's a big difference.

I guess the PSU is what i should upgrade before anything, right?

LordVasky

Commendable
Aug 10, 2019
Since i have to upgrade PSU before i can upgrade anything else is there any brand or model you guys recommend?

EDIT: Nobody answered in some time now and i just noticed that probably no one is "watching" this thread so i'll just ask you @remixislandmusic , @sizzling and @DSzymborski (because you're the ones that have been helping me) for some help regarding the PSU.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: