Upgrade the network card in a Lenovo H505s

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Wifi or Ethernet?

I can't think of a reason you would need to upgrade it.

It has a slot for a tiny M.2 card, so you could put a faster WiFi adapter there. It also has a single 1x PCIe expansion slot, so you could get a low-profile expansion card as well. Also USB Wifi and even ethernet adapters you can buy.

Really it is a very, very low end computer. You would be better off investing in a new system.

I retired my AMD e350 based HTPC several years ago when it became less capable of common web browsing tasks. And it was fully loaded with a graphics card, 8GB of memory and I even overclocked the CPU a little. Added a CPU fan (it was a passive cooled system)

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jrandskb : "Upgrade the network card in a Lenovo H505s"

Oct 23, 2018

Oct 23, 2018
Ethernet, and we have a much faster laptop. This CPU sits in our office and has been a good computer for about 5 years. I just wish it was as fast as the laptop. Or closer. How do I find a faster ethernet adapter? are they just plug and play or is there a part# or # of pin slots?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Any PCIe 1x low profile 1000Mbps/1Gbps network card will do. It should come with drivers, though you should always download the latest from the manufacturer.

https://www.amazon.com/QNINE-Network-Gigabit-Ethernet-A...

Maybe go for a more well known brand.