Upgrade Worth it and Compatible

Dobbermann2

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Hello,

Since a week or 2, all my friends are playing PUBG. I bought it a couple of weeks ago but i instantly refunded it since my pc couldn´t run it. Now i came to the idea that i can upgrade my current GPU to a GTX 1050TI. Now my question is:is this worth it and compatible with my current motherboard. And if i upgrade, can i play pubg at a normal fps? at least 35+

This is my current pc (It's a 10 year old prebuild one lmao):
Motherboard: Intel dh61bE
Processor: i5-2300 2.8Ghz
GPU: Amd radeon hd6570
RAM: 8 GB ddr3 1333mhz

I hope you guys can help me

Kind regards

Solution

10 fps is crazy low. I would try my "tune-up" tips to start with. Turn down the graphics settings slightly. And then test with your current system. Your PC is, like you said, old. But it is...
Yes. It is both worth it and compatible.

Your FPS in PUBG will depend on your settings and the general state of your PC.

Run malwarebytes anti-malware.
go to %temp% and %windir%\temp and delete all the files.
If you have a HD (not SSD) defrag your PC.
Check what starts with your PC (SysInternals tools are great for this)
Make sure nothing is running in the background while you game.

Dobbermann2

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016

Thanks for your really usefull answer! If i had 10 fps on lowest settings with my old GPU, wil i get a huge increase? And will it be playable?

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

PUBG runs like crap for even high end systems

dont expect great fps or settings

It is not well optimized (but they seem aware of this and are working on it). But, his goals were very modest (to sustain over 35fps) which he should easily manage with a 1050ti 1080/60hz)

10 fps is crazy low. I would try my "tune-up" tips to start with. Turn down the graphics settings slightly. And then test with your current system. Your PC is, like you said, old. But it is not CRAP. A new video card, like the 1050ti, will really help but even with your current setup I would have guess that you could been in the 30-50fps range depending on settings and how much activity there was on your screen.

Solution