[SOLVED] Upgraded cpu, windows booting extreme slowly

Darnacus

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
So... I upgraded my ryzen 5 1600 with ryzen 5 3600 and windows loading screen (windows logo and under that circle just rolling) is taking forever.

Last night I didint notice how long it took to boot up because I was doind other stuff, but now. It is been almost 1 hour and it is still loading.

And yes I have updatet my bios.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
24 gb ram 2400 mhz
Nvidia rtx 2060 super
Msi gaming pro x370

Solution
And what if I clear my cmos do I lose my bios update? Because without latest bios update my cpu dont work at all with my mobo.
Bios flash should be inside non-volatile memory. Imagine you have same problem each time you do move your PC away from the wall.

I would say its something inside windows, they load a lot of stuff to optimize performance,
you loaded it with code XY and cpu supports XZ. so if you have an windows install disc there is option "repair me" its basically does the last update of windows again, keeping your things same way, but should fix the issue.
OR it was already happening while you waited that's why it took over an hour to boot. Its windows so you wont know.
So... I upgraded my ryzen 5 1600 with ryzen 5 3600 and windows loading screen (windows logo and under that circle just rolling) is taking forever.

Last night I didint notice how long it took to boot up because I was doind other stuff, but now. It is been almost 1 hour and it is still loading.

And yes I have updatet my bios.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
24 gb ram 2400 mhz
Nvidia rtx 2060 super
Msi gaming pro x370
Did you reset the bios after replacing cpu's when you upgrade the cpu you need to clear the bios of the old cpu

And what if I clear my cmos do I lose my bios update? Because without latest bios update my cpu dont work at all with my mobo.
Bios flash should be inside non-volatile memory. Imagine you have same problem each time you do move your PC away from the wall.

I would say its something inside windows, they load a lot of stuff to optimize performance,
you loaded it with code XY and cpu supports XZ. so if you have an windows install disc there is option "repair me" its basically does the last update of windows again, keeping your things same way, but should fix the issue.
OR it was already happening while you waited that's why it took over an hour to boot. Its windows so you wont know.

Solution

Darnacus

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017

Windows could not repair itself so I am now trying to go back to windows default state. (Sorry my english)

Darnacus

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
Windows could not repair itself so I am now trying to go back to windows default state. (Sorry my english)
Windows could not even revert itswlf to default state... Tried even clean install windows, but could not even do that because it said my hard drives was written wirh mrb stuff or something like that... Loosing my mind with windows... -.-

Jul 28, 2020
Get linux. I use linux lite and have installed it to usb (full, not live) I use it on multiple computers and I have NEVER had any issue (exept using 64bit linux on 32b hardware). Linux lite also supports windows native ntfs filesystem and you can take break of windows without fully abandoning it. I use linux lite when i have to deal with "repair in progress" situations without losing my mind.

Get linux. I use linux lite and have installed it to usb (full, not live) I use it on multiple computers and I have NEVER had any issue (exept using 64bit linux on 32b hardware). Linux lite also supports windows native ntfs filesystem and you can take break of windows without fully abandoning it. I use linux lite when i have to deal with "repair in progress" situations without losing my mind.

Not really an answer or any help.

OP, Google change disk from mbr to gpt..

Safe mode runs windows with a minimal of drivers.
Your problem is likely driver related.
Are there some chipset drivers for your motherboard that might need to be updated to support the new processor?
Go download them directly from msi and reinstall.