May 17, 2017
Specs:
Sabertooth990fx motherboard
Fx8320 cpu
980ti
4x2 corsair ram
Corsair cx750m power supply
1tb hard drive

I started by uninstalling the gpu drivers then plopped in the new 980ti after taking the 660 out. Booted my PC up and it starts up but it wouldn't load any applications. I started up IE o my because chrome wouldn't start up and downloaded the drivers, restated my PC but this time when it gets to the loading windows page the screen goes black and my monitor goes to sleep. It repeates this until I remove the 980ti and put it back in. It keeps doing this. HELP!

Solution
Did you fully remove all traces of your GPU drivers before replacing the card? It can be a little tricky, but there are programs that'll help. You can use DDU (preferrably in safe mode) to make sure they're all gone.

Which "750 power supply" do you have specifically? You've added another 110W load vs the 660 (250W vs 140W).

Are you overclocked?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Did you fully remove all traces of your GPU drivers before replacing the card? It can be a little tricky, but there are programs that'll help. You can use DDU (preferrably in safe mode) to make sure they're all gone.

Which "750 power supply" do you have specifically? You've added another 110W load vs the 660 (250W vs 140W).

Are you overclocked?

Solution